Storm Storm Shift

Ubby

So I was looking on the Storm website today, and found the Shift.
Can anyone tell me anything more about it than what the website could, I watched the video that was on there as well and it looks to be a very good ball.

Spoke to James McGinty yesterday and it looks like that is all the info anyone has on the ball.....it only went up on the site yesterday too by the way....i will be getting myself one when they finally get over here too......looks like an AWESUM ball....

Hmm. I might look into getting one soon-ish as well.
From what I saw on the video on the website, they look like a very good ball.

They have a Jolt Particle to be released as well.
Another heavy oil ball...
The Shift looks to be half orright too.

I have a Storm Shift on it's way from the U.S at the moment. I'd love to get some suggestions for drilling layouts as I want this ball to be an absolute weapon and my first choice out of the bag in heavy lane conditions! I want to get the drilling spot on!

Not really a good choice for a heavy oil ball. Better suited for med-heavy oil.
I think you'll find it has a bit to much length for heavy oil. Try a Roto SD73 Classic. Best heavy oil ball ever.

Hey Rob,

It's difficult for me to advise on this without knowing your game well enough. Pete says it's a medium oil ball, but if you've you've got some hand or softer speed, it may be spot on for the big soup. Personally, I hardly ever get to see real oil unless we set it up for practice. Last time in a tournament was July last year at NSW Open.

One thing I can tell you is that if you are facing some real oil, then go with a strong arc drilling. You don't want the ball to skid too far. You can always move a bit left if there's some oil to move left into and you don't want flip on long oil, as this is what make the ball "squirt" or "wiggle" at the break point on carry down, which will happen on heavy oil.

Heavy oil = ball that rolls strongly but evenly. Almost always.

Hope this helps.
Jason

I been using the SHIFT for over a month now . If you scotch brite it you can be used on heavier oiled lanes. But I would Rather used the Special Agent on the more heavy oiled lanes. The shift just goes a bit to long on the longer patterns and you will leave lots of corner pins. I like The Special Agent on the longer patterns as it rolls up sooner and hits awesome.

I love this ball, i bought one in April and was Very impressed with its performance.I was also very impressed with how tacky and shiny the ball was when i first got it out of the box.
I usually clean it with storm X-TRA clean applying it on all 4 sides of the ball and then applying storm's Reacta Shine on all 4 sides aswell. then buffing it off with a clean cloth or microfibre towel.
This helps to get that "squeaky & shiny" feel to the ball and almost recovering it back to factory finish.

Back
Top Bottom