Storm Storm Gravity Shift and Rapid Fire

P

pinkycat

Just in from Seriouskeglers.com. Some specs on Storm's next two releases, no date mentioned, also no scent mentioned. The latter left me a little bummed.

Gravity Shift
Coverstock: R2X Pearl Reactive
Surface Finish: 1500 Grit Polished
Core: Shape Lock HD
Flare Potential: 6"+
RG: 2.48 (low)
RG Diff: .052 (high)
Color: Silver/Cherry/Violet

Rapid Fire
Coverstock: R2S Solid Reactive
Surface Finish: 1500 Grit Polished
Core: Twin V
Flare Potential: 5-6"
RG: 2.57 (medium-high)
RG Diff: .050 (high)
Color: Purple/Sapphire Blue

Core images for the Gravity Shift show a re-working of the shape-lok core with a relatively user friendly pearl reactive coverstock. Having never thrown anything from the fire line, I have no suggestions on the Rapid Fire.

Anyone else heard anything?

Both of these balls are overseas releases destined for the Asia-Pacific countries......James McGinty is looking at getting a few of these into the country....

Am only going on information that i had been given....the way it was explained to me was that they are in the same category as the storm turning point...an absolutely fantastic ball that mistakenly ended up in the country...i wish i had another dozen of them....am really looking forward to having both of these balls on my hand...will be good compliments to my aging turning point....

It looks a good ball, however I can't help but notice that this is a sort of re-vamped original shift??

Chris Bateup uses a Rapid Fire at Tuggeranong presently and it's awesome. He keeps it pretty straight, but this baby's got plenty of flip-in-the-box to kick those 10 pins out that pester people in that house. The Rapid Fire is much more predictable at the breakpoint than most pieces this strong.

I drilled a Gravity Shift for our newest ACT Junior Masters Champion Chloe Harradine-Hale this week and we're both pretty impressed with it. (4" pin to PAP with 2" pin buffer - 4½" MB to PAP.) This ball reads the lane predictably covering plenty of backend in an arcing motion and hits really well. I think I need to put some holes in one of these for me... (Incidentally, this is one really good looking ball.)

Back
Top Bottom