Squad lists for the 2007 NSW Open

hello guys just wondered if you were aware that by my account we have 12 bowlers in A squad and already 63 in B squad just from the posts here.

Maybe some of you bowlers might want to take this into account when deciding which squad to put your name down on because with my count and it is pretty accurate there is already 8 people on the reserve list for B squad and obviously they would be the last 8 names that are down previous to this post.

Just trying to be helpfull.

On a positive note it is great that after only a few days of this thread begginning we already have 75 bowlers with there names down, the team running this at Castle hill might want to to take a leaf out of the K & K classic if the interest from bowlers wanting to bowl continues and maybe look at having a squad on maybe friday night or saturday night if the demand is there, i don't think anyone would like to see bowlers turned away from bowling in this tournament and with what appears to be a cutoff at this point of 112 bowlers across 2 squads then if demand is there maybe look at a 3rd squad to increase participation, just a suggestion.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

also michael i believe there was a squad list on the counter at the k&K that was being filled in by bowlers to pick their squads there for your numbers may be a little out when the squad list is posted.

ashley

From what I've heard, people seem to be lazy to drive to Castle Hill to make Squad A because its the morning squad. This isn't fair for those have no other option. For those people who live out of Sydney, Squad B would be best as they have time to make it to Castle Hill without having to get up too early from wherever they come from, wether it would be Newcastle, Bathurst, Orange or even Dubbo. But Squad B already has a reserve list.

Just thought i'd put my 2 cents in.

well for that reason maybe a C squad starting in the evening may get some votes for people wanting to bowl in it, seemed to be very popular at K & K from looking how quickly Esquad for Saturday evening went.

Personally I am bowling in A squad because I bowl in Inter District for Tenpin Sydney and they start at 2.00pm in the afternoon hence not able to bowl the B squad.

Just a suggestion to go off from what i wrote earlier, and yes i know that Saturday nights are popular with social bowlers but if a bowling centre is going to take on a major tournament of this nature i just think they have to give it its full support for that whole weekend which means (and this does happen at a lot of majors and even regular tournaments) having as many squads as the demand allows, hence a possible Saturday evening squad and also having a skins tournament on the Friday night maybe under tournament oiling conditions and trust me if you advise people of a means to practise on conditions which will be used in the tournament and there is also the chance to win money you will not have to much problems making money from the skins as well.

I think that is 4 cents worth lol.

By the way i am only Div 3 bowler but i am getting better so although i would be forking out quite a bit of money i am realistic enough to set myself standards to reach which will probably not be enough to cash but i always give it my best and i am confident my time will come even if it is not just yet lol.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

Hi Brett , Luke Green posted for paul and Luke for B squad 7 posts above the last squad list. My name isnt included so could you please include my name somewhere in the middle of the squad. We cant do A squad because of flight times Thanks Paul Chambers.

Evening All

Outlined below is the latest Squad listings for the NSW Open.

As indicated, B Squad is now full with 10 reserves.

Bowlers who have been lucky enough to get a spot in B Squad should note that Deposits securing your position will need to be paid on or before Monday 18th June (3 weeks). At this stage, Deposits for A squad are not required, however if this squad fills then Deposits will also be required.

If you are in A squad and are listed on the reserves list for B Squad, you will need to get your deposit in to remain on the reserves list.

If a Bowler in B squad fails to pay their deposit, their name will be removed and replaced by the first eligible reserve who has paid their deposit.

Comments have been made regarding the creation of a C Squad. If both squads fill, we may look to run a squad of Friday afternoon/evening. As bowlers my have noted on the entry form, we have allowed for a later than usual kick-off time for Squad A. By doing this B Squad is not expected to finish until after 8pm on Sat Night. Allowing for a re-oil this means the next Squad (if created for Sat Night) would not start till approx 9pm. Given there is 10 games of qualifying, this means that they would not finish unitl well into the AM of Sunday morning.

Keep the entries rolling in. Get your deposit in and if you have been un-succesfull in getting a spot in B Squad, then keep an eye on this thread on the Tuesday after cut off for deposits.

Outlined below is the latest squad listing

Regards

Brett

A Squad
1 Bronwyn Robinson F
2 Sussan Jack F
3 Toni Woodcock F
4 Alan Shepard M
5 Andrew Blissett M
6 Brett Larman M
7 Christian Purdue M
8 Craig Fraser M
9 David Bruggeman M
10 David Rosser M
11 Drew Charlton M
12 Ed Faceilo M
13 Frank Bell M
14 Joel Lovegrove M
15 Ken McLachlan M
16 Mac Stewart M
17 Manny Noblejas M
18 Matt Francis M
19 Matt Fryer M
20 Michael Mclaren M
21 Paul Chambers M
22 Peter Hammond M
23 Peter Miller M
24 Peter White M

B Squad - (56 Spots - Full)

1 Amanda Bradley F
2 Ann-Maree Putney F
3 Bianca Flanagan F
4 Cassie Staudinger F
5 Jayde Flanagan F
6 Jessica Lawrence F
7 Jessica Ryan F
8 Kara Triulcio F
9 Kelly Gardner F
10 Maxine Nable F
11 Narelle Baker F
12 Natalie Shellie F
13 Rebecca Simpson F
14 Sue Cassell F
15 Tamika Spooner F
16 Andrew Lloyd M
17 Andrew McArthur M
18 Ashley Clark M
19 Benjamin Adams M
20 Bobby O'Reilly M
21 Brad Cook M
22 Brandon Qualichefski M
23 Brenton Davy M
24 Cameron Walsh M
25 Carl Barbara M
26 Chris Thomas M
27 Daan Wijker M
28 Dale Fitzgerald M
29 Dean Judd M
30 George Frilingos M
31 Glen Anderson M
32 Glen Loader M
33 Greg Bochenek M
34 Jarrod Lean M
35 Jason Doust M
36 Jason Walsh M
37 John Clemmet M
38 Jon Green M
39 JP Li M
40 Justin Edwards M
41 Lindsay Kilpatrick M
42 Luke Green M
43 Marc Triulcio M
44 Matthew Wormald M
45 Michael Carlile M
46 Michael Craig M
47 Michael Cunningham M
48 Michael Little M
49 Mitchell Cook M
50 Nick Green M
51 Paul Green M
52 Ronald Voukolos M
53 Sam Romeo M
54 Stephen Cowland M
55 Steve Lenton M
56 Tony Murray M

Reserves
1 Matt Francis M
2 Drew Charlton M
3 Andrew Blissett M
4 Alan Shepard M
5 Toni Woodcock F
6 Matt Fryer M
7 David Bruggeman M
8 Paul Chambers M
9 Manny Noblejas M
10 Ed Faceilo M

You should create Squad C ASAP. I'd say most of Squad B would move to C anyway.

Put me down for Squad B for now. Squad A isn't an option.

Hello Brett i am not trying to take sides or anything here but i do believe looking at what has been said and from the fact that Luke Green got into the squad when Luke put both he's and Pauls name down on the same thread that the error was made by yourself and i think the other bowlers in B squad would understand if you explainedd this as such via a post here and apologized for the confusion caused.

Paul Chambers should be in the top 56 BOWLERS all the facts are there just go back over this thread and you will see this to be true.

Paul i hope you are placed in the B squad as you should be, by the way good luck with your bowling if you remember i had the pleasure of bowling with you at Newcastle Cup.

Regards
Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Hi Can you please put James kelly down for squad A please
Thanks james

Mr GUTTERAT (aka Paul)

Yes, lets all have a good look at Mr Green's post

Post #22 - "paul and luke b squad please"

Of course, how silly of me not to know that "paul stood for - Paul Chambers"

I mean who else could it stand for....!!

Paul HOGAN
Paul KEATING
john PAUL the Third
or perhaps even PAUL GREEN - Bowler #51 in the B Squad listing!!!.

I wrote to you Mr Chambers in a PM to let you know of the situation.... A simple PM Back informing me that the post of Luke's to nominate himself and "PAUL" meant Paul Chambers, then I would have rectified the problem...

When people like you take it upon yourself to post PM's all over the web, you should have a good look at yourself and exactly what is the purpose of a PM...

PM's are a "private" discussion between 2 parties that the initiating party feels does not belong on the open forum. Even if you feel you have been hard done by, dont you think the first point of reply should be to the originator of the PM to clarify the issue.

I get PM's all the time from bowlers who suggest things with tournaments and complain about this and that, but they are simply that "PERSONAL MESSAGES"...if they had wanted me to post both their message and my answer all over the forum...they would not have sent it as a PM in the first place....

So in closing all I can say is if you are getting someone to post/nominate on your behalf....ensure they include your SURNAME...

Brett

Back
Top Bottom