2007 Melbourne Tenpin Cup

E

edfleminglanes

Just to let all the bowlers thru-out Australia and New Zealand know the 2007 Melbourne Tenpin Cup is a definite and entry forms will be mailed out to all centres by the end of next week.
Format for the 2007 MTC will be as follows:

There will be 1 division (no female div as we lost too much money last year)
Quailfying will be 2 squads only.

Day 1 Squad A checks in 8.30am
Day 1 Squad B checks in 12.30pm
Day 2 Squad A bowls at 1.00pm
Day 2 Squad B bowls at 9.00am

Entry fee same as 2006 $325.00 per bowler

All bowlers will bowl 16 games in 2 seperate appearances.
The top 30 bowlers will advance to the next stage and will be divided into 2 groups top 15 odd finishers and the top 15 even number finishers.

The top 15 bowlers will progress to next stage and bowl 7 games match play.

The bowler with the highest pinfall at the end of Match play will be declared the 2007 Melbourne Tenpin Cup winner.

Prize Fund based on 112 bowlers:

1st place $5000.00 Cash plus $5500.00 loose cut Diamonds
2nd place $2500.00 Cash plus $3200.00 loose cut diamonds
3rd place $2000.00 cash plus $2750.00 loose cut Diamonds

I hope that the above information will help you the bowlers until entry forms arrive at your Bowling Centre.

I will accept entries over this forum and preference for Squads will go to bowlers who submit deposit or full payment.

Squad Listing to Date:

Squad A

Squad B
1.Dave McEwan / Vic
2.Glen Loader / Vic
3.Lindsay Kilpatrick / Vic
4.David Porto / Vic
5.Dr.Chris Mesagno / Vic
6.Brien Showyin / Vic
7.Dillan De Mather / Vic
8.Mac Stewart / Vic
9.Brenton Davey / SA
10.Graham Simpson / SA
11.Alan Przybysz / SA

Cheers :cool:

I don't know bout anyone else, but I think that the womens division being cut is pretty disgusting!!!

Hi Joe,

Can you please put Cassie Staudinger into 'B' squad?

Thank You,
Cassie.

Hey Joe,

Could you please put Brenton Manning and Matt Kanafa down for "B" squad thanks

Cheers

Paul K.

I don't know bout anyone else, but I think that the womens division being cut is pretty disgusting!!!
Bec, I think you need to understand running a female event is not always cost effective. EFL lost a lot of money last year and it is very hard to justify running it again. The sponsors I had last year were not prepared to put any money into the female event this year.:(
I know last year everyone had a go at me for "Charging" :eek: $325.00 entry fee the same as the guys. And excuses from some Female Bowlers, came back that they would not bowl because the cost were too high. :eek: However I travelled to SA this year to watch the event and was surprised that this event, at 1/2 the cost to the MTC did not attract any more bowlers.:confused: !!! Why is that do you think ???
So I put it back to you WHAT is the answer. Most events in Australia are attracting less entries.WHY ??? :confused: Youth events are attracting less entries WHY ??? :confused:
If you can gurantee 36 bowlers for a Female MTC I will run one.
Of course we could go 1 step further, how about you Sponsoring the Female MTC and put up $5000.00 :rolleyes: and lets see how many bowlers we attract.
To get on this site and tell the world that it is "Disgusting" that we are not running the Female MTC is hitting below the belt. Not once have you rang me to discuss this further or what we can do about running it again this year or next year. I have had several other female bowlers ring me and we discussed several options. However what it boils down to is we can not generate enough Female bowlers to continue with running Female MTC.
I am always open to suggestions, but sometimes you the bowler need to promote our sport, not kick us in the guts as so many do these days.
You must realise that there are some great events on the Australian circuit and not everyone can afford to make a loss (like we did last year). EFL does a lot in Victoria to promote the Sport of Tenpin Bowling and it always cost us Dollars. But we do it for the love of the SPORT.:)
In finishing, maybe you need to get off your high horse :mad: and get out there and promote the "Sport of Tenpins" be the ambassador that I know you can be.:rolleyes:

George Frilingos, Jarrod Lean, Shayne Melton and Brandon Qualifschefski into B squad please

Current Squad Listings:
Squad A
1.Joel Lovegrove / Vic

Squad B
1.Dave McEwan / Vic
2.Glen Loader / Vic
3.Lindsay Kilpatrick / Vic
4.David Porto / Vic
5.Chris Mesagno / Vic
6.Brien Showyin / Vic
7.Dillan DeMather / Vic
8.Mac Stewart / Vic
9.Brenton Davey / Sa
10.Graham Simpson / SA
11.Alan Przybysz / SA
12.Cassie Staudinger / Vic
13.Bobby O'Reilly / NSW
14.Justin Edwards / Qld
15.JP Li / NSW
16.Scott Miles / SA
17.Brenton Manning / SA
18.Matt Kanafa / SA
19.Narelle Baker / Vic
20.Ann-Maree Putney / NSW
21.Jason Walsh / NSW
22.Cameron Walsh / NSW
23.Andrew McArthur / NT
24.Darren Burton / NT
25.George Frilingos / Qld
26.Jarrod Lean / NSW
27.Shayne Melton / Qld
28.Brandon Qualifschefski / Qld
29.Paul Chambers / Qld
30.Luke Green / Qld
31.Chris Thomas / ACT

Please remember that each Squad will be limited to 56 bowlers and those who pay a deposit or full entry fee will have first rights to their preferred squad.
Deposits can be paid over the Tel: on 03/97260333 ask for Robyn.
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom