SPC Spot

highpoint bowl

Highpointer
Highpoint bowls will be running a tournament which will be offering 2 spots to South Pacific Classic in September at moorabin. We have decided on 1 division where males and females bowl against each other it is a handicap tournament but not your traditional system we have gone with average brackets and females receive an additional 5 pins.
I believe it doesnt clash with anything but if it does we can change the date. I hope with the average brackets it will encourage scatch bowlers and the mid average bowlers to enter. If you have any queiries you can contact Highpoint on 9318 4110
Entries will be excepted over the net or by phone.

Attachments

• SPC.doc
    34 KB · Views: 107
All we are trying to do is encourage the mid average bowlers to bowler against the higher average bowlers by giving them a start.

Hey l love it, as at the moment, my average is pretty poor, and l mean poor guys. Lets just say l would be getting 14 pins per game, based on your brackets....Yippee, could use all the help l can get........

Also Mildura Marathon is that weekend. Just letting you know....not saying any more about it, as l always get advised well it is not possible to not clash....It is just a simple observation.

Sound's good to me count me in .............;)

mmmmmmmmmm Hcp.....:D

Gary........................................................:cool:

highpoint bowl said:
All we are trying to do is encourage the mid average bowlers to bowler against the higher average bowlers by giving them a start.

Good strategy and good sense of competition BUT lets face it, come tournament proper, for example, a 160-175++ ave bowler with a higher handicap winner might feel dejected if he/she bowls against the best bowlers in the country and sometimes internationally if they bowl bad below their averages?

Dunno, anyones else's opinion?

Leo

you have to learn someware if you dont beleave you can win you wont

IF ya can't luv ya bowling ya gotta luv ya Jimmy

Re: SPC Spot

With the way that the lane conditions are at Highpoint at the moment (beeen this way for at least 6 months) the low to mid average bowlers might have a chance against the higher average bowlers because the latter wont be able to keep their ball on the lane.

The oiling machine has been playing up ever since Christmas and they wont fix it properly. I bowled there today and the tech said to me that he dint know how much oil if any was being put on the lanes.

This centre is a joke at the moment

kouta86 said:
With the way that the lane conditions are at Highpoint at the moment (beeen this way for at least 6 months) the low to mid average bowlers might have a chance against the higher average bowlers because the latter wont be able to keep their ball on the lane.

So should i put your name down Kouta

We have decided to cancel this tournament due to all the other spots being available. Sorry for any incovenience to those who had already entered.

Can I ask how come you have cancelled??? As I am a Highpoint bowler I would have like to have at least tried even though the conditions of late have been questionable.

All the other AMF centres are holding a roll off, What is the problem with Highpoint???

It seems like the centre is no longer worried about the League bowlers at Highpoint. There hasn't been a decent tournament there since the last Manager left.

Please consider re-instating the tournament as there are bowlers that will travel from other centres to try out not just the bowlers that are based in the Wester Suburbs.

Charlene

charliebrown said:
Can I ask how come you have cancelled??? As I am a Highpoint bowler I would have like to have at least tried even though the conditions of late have been questionable.
All the other AMF centres are holding a roll off, What is the problem with Highpoint???
It seems like the centre is no longer worried about the League bowlers at Highpoint. There hasn't been a decent tournament there since the last Manager left.
Please consider re-instating the tournament as there are bowlers that will travel from other centres to try out not just the bowlers that are based in the Wester Suburbs.
Charlene

Patrick Birtig is running Spots at every center there is one at Highpoint on the 16th of July if you decided to Read Vic Forum Carefully.
Theres the Link
http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=12308

Chris

We have canceled the one on August the 20th the one which the centre made but there will still be a spot on the 16th of July so you wont miss out.

Maybe it would have been an idea when you posted it under the original post to mention that it was the in house arranged tournament that had been cancelled not the one that Patrick arranged.............That is the only reason that I posted about you cancelling the tournament.

Back
Top Bottom