South Qld State Championships!!!

Jase

Admin
Staff member
I am led to believe that South Qld state champs are at Aspley Tenpin Bowl this year…Can anyone confirm this…I am sure if this is the case that some records could be broken there this year…

South Qld State Championships have been down on numbers in recent years…Last year seen a change in Masters Format and improved numbers…In saying that numbers weren’t great but were an improvement…Can we improve them even further this year…Would be good…

There was a thread started after the championships last year regarding boosting numbers and the Adult Committee came up with some suggestions and was wondering if anything has happened to help improve numbers…

Do we have some dates yet also or are there any entry forms out there at the moment, as sometimes if there out early people start talking about the event even if it is 12-16 weeks away, so lets get people talking about it…

Here were a couple of suggestions after last years…I was wondering if any of them have been implemented at all?

1. One is to have a dedicated volunteer representative at each centre to make people more aware of the championships, collate entries and generally encourage people to have a go.

2. Another possibility we will be exploring is to have some of the bowling Centres supply their own champions to the masters events, if they run a championship themselves. At least the Centres could make some money by running a championship, with the possibility a percentage of that money collected might go to prize funds for masters at the state champs. Maybe in the centre championships, part of the prize could be entry into events at the State Champs ... i.e. ... If your 5 man team wins your own centre championship, they win entry into the 5 man teams at the State Champs

I agree Jase, we need to get more people attending the Championships. I know from previous years there hasn't been much advertising in the centres we have been bowling at. Perhaps, as you mentioned, get the word out really early to let people it is happening. TBAQ need to do more advertising so people know it exists. Word of mouth just doesn't cut it sometimes these days!

Jase your 2 proposals are exactly the input and out of the square thinking that is required to bolster the numbers at State Championships, even getting some posters made up and placed in centres will help.

Is there supposed to be a TBAQ delegate responsible for each centre ?

We need to get the word out there that you don't have to be an elite bowler to have a go in the State Championships, it is available for all grades of bowlers !

I still havent received my prize money from the junior championships at Milton :rolleyes:...Whats the problem? I won B grade singles. I was told that I would get it sent to Caboolture (my home centre) but its been over a month now and i still havent got it. :mad:

I still havent received my prize money from the junior championships at Milton :rolleyes:...Whats the problem? I won B grade singles. I was told that I would get it sent to Caboolture (my home centre) but its been over a month now and i still havent got it. :mad:
Back in the day, you were lucky to get your money for junior national championships before the next one a year later

Hi Everyone.

We are trying to get a band of people together to help bump up the numbers for this years State Championships, to be held at Aspley Bowl on the second and third weekends in August.

Ideally, we'd like to get one person from each centre in Sth QLD to be the co-ordinator for their centre, to collect entries and send them to TBAQ.

It would involve going to the bowl on each weeknight (just once - not every week) and trying to sell the state champs. It involves letting the graded bowlers know that there is competition just for them (grades and restricted masters). That's the area I think we are failing on at the moment.

It's a volunteer thing. Sorry ... cant promise any rewards. I suppose I could do a t-shirt with "TALK TO ME ABOUT THE STATE CHAMPS" on it. Send me your size, if you are serious about helping.

The forms for the State Champs are currently getting accreditation, although there is a brochure on Total Bowling. Once they are done, I'd like to send them to the volunteers to distribute in their centres.

Please email me at [email protected] if you can help out with your details.

I'll be doing Chermside.

Cheers

Peter Martin.
Chairman - Sth QLD Adult Committee.

I know that in Kingaroy if you win the Open Masters or Restricted Masters title you receive as part of your prize automatic entry into the State Masters. I do like the idea of your last suggestion Jase. Our local Championships are not well supported. Too many other things going on around the area.

Back
Top Bottom