Some information needed please

Jase

Admin
Staff member
I am in the process of putting something together regarding bowlers who bowl in the National Tournaments around the country...

What I am looking for is some sort of confirmation that Team/Company and or Managers and or Owners who might be interested in competing in a year long TEAMS and or MANUFACTURERS competition…

It does only include bowlers who travel to interstate competitions who will go into a player pool, to be picked up by certain team managers…

There are strict rules and guidelines in place I will give full details once I know that this becomes of interest and will go ahead…

You could be playing for over $10,000.00 in prize money…

For Example…

Max Bastian @ Bowling Balls Australia
Glen Rowland @ Qubica AMF
Kellie@ TotalBowling/Hammer (as Hammer is a main supporter of the site with only two staffers)
James McGinty @ Storm
Tonx @ Global 900
Andrew Cherrit @ Ebonite
Peter Bowling @ Oz Bowling
ABPA, and or AMF might like to put a team together

(Ten teams would be great)

These are just examples…

The finals are to be played after the Brunswick Cup has finished…

And anyone else who wants to put a team into this competition… Some teams with allot of members may want to enter two teams…

More details to follow soon just need an indication that this is something that may be of interest…

This is designed to generate atmosphere and or interest in our National events, something I think is lacking and this could be just what is needed… Comments please are welcome.

I think its a great idea, similar to that of Sweden where you represent your team even in large International events.

Well what a awsome idea Jase. Sounds Good.
Depends on how many rounds you want to have 4 or 5 something along those lines.

This is not just aimed at bowling companies…

This is aimed at ANYONE, Any Business, or Person who wants to own a team…

Just to name a few rules so that teams cannot be stacked…

• A maximum of one Australian Rep and two state reps per team…
  • All representatives’ of their respected teams wear a patch and or team shirt whilst bowling in the tournaments throughout the year…
  • Teams that make the TV Finals at the end of the year MUST WEAR a TEAM Shirt…
  • If we only get 5 Teams the 3 will make TV
  • If we get 10 Teams 5 will make TV and so on…
  • The Finalists to make TV will compete in a (Baker format) head to head 5 man Team Game…
  • Points will be accumulated by the players of each team throughout the year on their finishing position in the nominated National events…
  • No one person can play for another team in the same season…

Becoming a team owner is quiet simple…

• You nominate to me your Team, Team Name and register the players with $1000.00 Nomination fee…
  • There will also be a small nomination fee perhaps $30 per player per team before each event…
  • This also has potential to attract a Major Sponsor also…
  • All money is paid to the Team owner who will distribute it amongst their team…
  • Over the period of the year your team will need to have representatives at 6 National Events Named…

This isn’t just about sponsored bowlers or the elite getting a run it’s about ANY one and or Business owning their own teams and calling it what they like…Your business will get TV coverage in the finals and also if they happen to make any step ladder at the Nominated National Events…

Example Lee Mathey could purchase a team and call it Team Coco’s if he liked…

More to follow

I love it!!!!!!!

the fact that anyone can own a team, make a bit of money out of it and create atmosphere and talk.......... Well sounds like a good idea to me.

The way i look at it (this is something i told jase when he asked me about this)
If you own your own business, tell me where $1000 can buy you national advertisement???
If I (JOE BLOG) own a pub and want to right off an expense, or want to advertise my business. $1000 will get you about 30 seconds on a Sydney station.
But here $1000 will get me advertisement everytime my players walk into a bowl. I will get TV coverage if one or all my players make the TV SHOW at each event. Plus at the end (possibly) of the year i will get my whole team, wearing MY shirt in a TEAM EVENT!!!
Stop me here if there is something wrong!!!!!!

Ok now i dont own a business, but i am thinking of buying a team (or some shares in a team) because an outlay of say $2000 for the year could earn me $10,000 at the end of year team event if i win......Who knows, maybe Jase can find some more money and we can get $20,000 for the top.

Dreaming??? I dont think so. There is no reason why we cant have 20 teams of 5.

What do the players get out of it????

Well depending on your owner, but you may get incentives for making a TV show through out the year.
You will get a % of the teams winnings at the end of year final.
Like all teams you can then sell your team if you want to at the end of the year, perhaps buy players from other teams if the negotiations are worth the trade.
Its another way that both owner/player can make some more money, thus given us more reasons to bowl more events.

If your in my team, ill look after you :)

I love the idea of only 1 Aussie Rep per team, limits the 'stacking' of one team.

I love the idea of a baker team final. Gives the whole a run on TV, and giving every team a chance to win!

I love the idea of anyone owning a team.....even if you cant afford it on your own, get 4 other buddies and split the ownership equally.

Will this get off the ground???
I really think it will. 2009 season will be huge. This 'team' thing, plus the bowling show (which is only getting better and better) plus totalbowling, plus the chance of anyone to make a few bucks.....HOW WONT IT!

Any comments to make it better?? Bigger???

Anyone interested in buying a team already??

Belmo

Just to paint another picture on this,

Sponsors rarely get a financial incentive or return on their sponsorship dollars, this concept will deliver many positive returns for a perspective 'team' owner

* Advertising (apparel) - not only on the members of the team in main tournaments but through local leagues and smaller regional tournaments. If a player represents a team, he should wear their shirts all the time whilst bowling.

* Advertising (TV - The bowling show) - with the right package put together showing stats and viewership the small amount a team ownership costs, would represent nothing compared to purchasing TV exposure.

* Financial return - Have a good year and win thousands of dollars! How many sponsorships result in positive cash flow!

I think it's a great idea, the rules need to be sorted (especially in regards to stacking teams) and some sort of Team Owner Package proposal needs to be put together but I can assure you there will be a STRIKE HOMES team in 2009.

Its bowlings answer to Premier League, I love it!

[/LIST]
Becoming a team owner is quiet simple…
  • You nominate to me your Team, Team Name and register the players with $1000.00 Nomination fee…
  • There will also be a small nomination fee perhaps $30 per player per team before each event…
  • This also has potential to attract a Major Sponsor also…
  • All money is paid to the Team owner who will distribute it amongst their team…
  • Over the period of the year your team will need to have representatives at 6 National Events Named…

Does the team owner become responsible then for paying the members entry into these tournments, or will that still occur as it does now, ie joe blow nominates for SPC and pays his own way?? As a small (VERY SMALL) business owner, these sort of things need to be taken on board as well before committing!

My take on it is that the bowler would still need to pay for these tournament's.

If the team member's owner wishes to do more than just own a name in a team then thats called player negotitions.

Do we need to introduce player manager's?

Best thing put on this site in ages!!!!!!

With the rule on Aussie Rep, Would it be the current 2008 teams across Seniors, Adults and Youth? If so it would take a big chunk out of the player pool. ( approx 30+ bowlers I'm guessing)

hammo

Best thing put on this site in ages!!!!!!
With the rule on Aussie Rep, Would it be the current 2008 teams across Seniors, Adults and Youth? If so it would take a big chunk out of the player pool. ( approx 30+ bowlers I'm guessing)
hammo
My guess is that with only one Aus rep (across the board) its more incentive to have more teams. If you got 30 current AUS reps and 20 of them bowl the event, there is 20 teams for starters plus add in all extra teams equals a massive turnout for it.
Add in the promotion if your are a Team Owner, your advertising starts with your team/business headed by 'Joe Blogs' - Current Australian Representitive

Broni,

Chowny has hit it on the head, some team owner /managers may pick up the tab and others may not…It would be up to the individuals to negotiate that…Belmo is correct in saying how good an opportunity to get TV coverage at an affordable price…Also I am sure if a member of your team was to make a Televised stepladder final I am sure it gives Brenton something else to talk about between shots…

Also Chowny that’s not such a silly idea…Down the track this has an opportunity to be bigger then we could ever imagine…Who knows just how far this could go if run correctly…Did someone mention “Salary Caps”… :D

Hammo,

Thanks …finally the site has lived up to your expectations…

There is no limits to what Australian Rep you select…Keeping in mind that this person if they already don’t must compete in the “Six Nominated Events” to earn Your Team Valuable points towards the team Total at end of year, which would count towards making the Top 3/5 or how many teams make the finals…

One thing that would have to be given a special consideration would be the fact that one of your Team players perhaps has Never been an Australian rep but has EARNT the right mid season…Those things also have to be considered…

Kelvin,

Spot on mate, 10 Teams is to make it get off the ground…30 Teams is something we Dream about, but I am sure there is an opportunity to reach a figure in between…

I can tell you that I would look to purchase 1 maybe even 2 teams…With that I can see we may even have 6,7 or 8 Teams perhaps already looking at it…

the whole thing is an absolute sensational idea cant wait to see another of jase's ideas get off the ground as with the sports series around the country.
cheers

Just a thought!!!

I would be happy to limit the Aus Rep only to the Men's Adult team!

For the first year!

Perhaps a rule may need to be introduced that if you have been on the mens national team in the last 3 years???

Ideas??

Belmo

ps- The only way this gets off the ground is if we the bowlers throw as many ideas at Jase as possible.
Even if your not considering it, what do you think will make it better??

I like the fact that you could have 1 Australian Rep + 2 State reps per team (Men only) but also include that each team must also include 1Woman…

Any other thoughts on that?

Other things to consider could be the Rankings points, finally they might be of use as some of the bowlers Like Frilingos (UNLESS HE FINALY DOES RETIRE ;)), Frawley, Bottomley, Pilkington, Qualischefski, just to name a few could actually be in one team at the moment…
Which this is what I would consider a stacked TEAM…

A lot of thoughts and ideas must be thrashed around before it’s all set in concrete, so keep them coming…

maybe only one player in each team who has won a national ranking event in the last 3 years or something similar?that would stop all those players being in the one team?

Jase

It sounds like a great idea, and certainly something that I would be keen to be involved in depending what rules might be put in place in relation to international imports being members of teams? Or are us Kiwi's just considered another state of Australia these days when it comes to bowling? :D

Back
Top Bottom