Your Thoughts on this Found on TBA SITE

JAY K

[As you may know, there are no roll-offs for the 2007 Walter de Veer tournament. This year it's simply done by making a team of 5 men or 5 women and qualify in Melbourne.

I was wondering if there are any restricted bowlers who are going to Melbourne for the 2007 TBA National Championships. If so, are you interested in forming a team for de Veer.

The tournament is run from Tuesday, October 9th and the finals are on Thursday, October 11th.

So far on the team are:

Richard Palma
Benjamin Adams
Leon Benarto

We need two more bowlers. But if there are more than two interested, a second team can be made.

For more details go to www.tenpin.org.au

there is a group of 5 of us going down for that week from Tamworth, 2 guys and 3 girls. will have a chat to other guy and get back to you next couple of days as we were interested in this tournament at one stage.

cheers,

Graham Shoesmith

Tried to Quote the post but was unable too, that is why I asked for peoples thoughts, I really hope that TBA fill in the spots for the tournement as I feel it is about bowling.

Thats fair enough.

NSW now has a team made!

Not sure what other states are doing.

Reading the TBA site said the tournament had to be comprised of teams from the same Centre/Association, Area Association or any non-State/Territory representative group of bowlers. Teams cannot be mixed as there are Mens & Ladies Divisions. My understanding therefore is teams comprised of bowlers from various states cannot enter.

Won't matter anyway as the format this year doesn't even see teams competing against all others unless you make the matchplay and there are no head to head points until you make the final. Why go there to only bowl 4 games per day (over 2 days). Maybe if you live in the state is OK but we won't be travelling for a brief "ïntercentre" competition. Hard to get 5 men and 5 women bowlers from the same centre to go to this.

Back
Top Bottom