2007 Walter de Veer Team members wanted

rpac23

Posse Court Jester
As you may know, there are no roll-offs for the 2007 Walter de Veer tournament. This year it's simply done by making a team of 5 men or 5 women and qualify in Melbourne.

I was wondering if there are any restricted bowlers who are going to Melbourne for the 2007 TBA National Championships. If so, are you interested in forming a team for de Veer.

The tournament is run from Tuesday, October 9th and the finals are on Thursday, October 11th.

So far on the team are:

Richard Palma
Benjamin Adams
Leon Benarto

We need two more bowlers. But if there are more than two interested, a second team can be made.

For more details go to www.tenpin.org.au

New South Wales has a team in for the 2007 Walter de Veer restricted challenge.

Mambers are:

Richard Palma (c)
Benjamin Adams
Leon Benarto
Graham Shoesmith
Peter Marker

One reserve position is available. Anyone interested, please PM me.

Thanks!

As far as I know, you make a team, and battle it out. There are no limits to the number of teams entering, so I guess it could be like an association cup. Lets see how it runs this year. I doubt it'll be as good as it used to be. But you gotta try first!

Yes and just on the way it used to be, well it can now be seen as the Darrlt Holt Challenge and you will find all those that used to be in the Walter De Veer as it was up till last year will be bowling in the Darryl Holt Challenge.

By the way for those who are interested or not aware the restricted challenge this year will be held at Craigie in WA from the 7th to the 14th of September 2007 and has been sponsored this year by this very web site Totalbowling and will include the 2007 totalbowling tenpin bowling carnival.

To totalbowling thanks very much for getting behind this restricted tournament and giving the bowlers the opportunity to continue to bowl in the inugural Darrly Holt Restricted challenge in the exact format that the Walter De Veer Restricted challenge was in up until last and allowing those that bowled in it in the past and bowlers like myself who will get a taste of it for the first the chance to continue the traditions of this competition exactly the way that Darryl Holt the original creator of the challenge wanted it to be in from day 1.

I unfortunately finished 8th in the roll off for New South Wales but i have been very fortunate to be drafted into the Northern Territory team to be apart of this ongoing tradition for restricted bowlers.

I am not trying to degrade the current Walter De Veer challenge by all means get behind it Leon Benarto has and he will be bowling NSW in Darryl Holt also just pointing out that the tournament as it was still exists and will continue to exist with the help of the bowling community and great sponsors like Totalbowling.

Hope to see you all there and get behind Walter De Veer also, i cannot go to Melbourne so soon after this trip but if it was in my home state i would have jumped at the chance to bowl in it.

Michael Mclaren
tockets for short lol

Yes and just on the way it used to be, well it can now be seen as the Darrlt Holt Challenge and you will find all those that used to be in the Walter De Veer as it was up till last year will be bowling in the Darryl Holt Challenge.
By the way for those who are interested or not aware the restricted challenge this year will be held at Craigie in WA from the 7th to the 14th of September 2007 and has been sponsored this year by this very web site Totalbowling and will include the 2007 totalbowling tenpin bowling carnival.
To totalbowling thanks very much for getting behind this restricted tournament and giving the bowlers the opportunity to continue to bowl in the inugural Darrly Holt Restricted challenge in the exact format that the Walter De Veer Restricted challenge was in up until last and allowing those that bowled in it in the past and bowlers like myself who will get a taste of it for the first the chance to continue the traditions of this competition exactly the way that Darryl Holt the original creator of the challenge wanted it to be in from day 1.
I unfortunately finished 8th in the roll off for New South Wales but i have been very fortunate to be drafted into the Northern Territory team to be apart of this ongoing tradition for restricted bowlers.
I am not trying to degrade the current Walter De Veer challenge by all means get behind it Leon Benarto has and he will be bowling NSW in Darryl Holt also just pointing out that the tournament as it was still exists and will continue to exist with the help of the bowling community and great sponsors like Totalbowling.
Hope to see you all there and get behind Walter De Veer also, i cannot go to Melbourne so soon after this trip but if it was in my home state i would have jumped at the chance to bowl in it.
Michael Mclaren
tockets for short lol

you are a traitor Tix.
i shall now no longer refer to you as Tix but "traitor Mclaren"

Michael is lucky to be bowling at all! :p

If NSW dont want ya, you can bowl for someone else! Sometimes States dont have enough bowlers interested I guess. Besides, NT hardly have an centres to bowl in, so there would be a shortage naturally.

Michael is lucky to be bowling at all! :p
If NSW dont want ya, you can bowl for someone else! Sometimes States dont have enough bowlers interested I guess. Besides, NT hardly have an centres to bowl in, so there would be a shortage naturally.

said the piechucka!

now now children - lets not get off the topic here.

you two can settle it like grown men on the lanes and be done with it.

now now children - lets not get off the topic here.
you two can settle it like grown men on the lanes and be done with it.

Thats so true, except I know this guy personally. He's as bad as they get! :p

Topic: Walter de Veer.

Fixed! ;)

Back
Top Bottom