Walter De Veer 2005

If the levels for coaches have been dropped then that is a definite step backwards and it makes a mokery of the National coaching program.
I will have to re-look at the draft again.

With regards to Black Duck, I dont know where you bowl but if you can average 195 in league you must be knocking on the door to make Rachuig. And maybe you need to do some more work on your game to make the grade. You must have some personal goals and with an average like that WDV would not be one of those goals. If you have a look at the bowlers who make Rachuig, these are ones who have put a lot of time and effort into making the grade. Oh just another little thing to upset you......just because you make Rachuig does not mean that you get to bowl, I have been away with several State team to several players over the years only get 1 or 2 games. But guess what those same bowlers were there again the following year determined to make the team and bowl more games. That is what makes our game so great you have the same opportunity as everyone else to make the team.............
So stop whinging about the WDV bowlers and get out there and practice and get some good coaches to help you and you might make Rachuig easier then you think.

Sadly I think this talk is not doing the tournament much good. As the so called sandbaggers are only a very tiny percentage of the bowlers who take part in WDV I think we are giving them too much attention. This is ruining the reputation of the tournament.

Perhaps we are trying to make changes to the rules that in the long run will not help us but make the situation worse. Are we possibly shooting ourselves in the foot ?

Liz Fabian-Czmok

Anything to help weed out the small amount of sandbaggers is OK by me.

It will make De Veer a better tournament for the rule changes. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing in it this year, and would roll off again next year with the same rules (average permitting). But any effort to make the competition a little fairer should be applauded.

Spanner.

De Veer rules have been updated yet again. Latest version is dated at 27.11.2004.
Still no mention of Level 2 Coaches though. Maybe they intend to use this comp as a training ground for Level 1s who aspire to Level 2.
May not be such a bad idea after all.

Regarding the coaches ... it looks like they are leaving it up to the various states, territories and zones.

I'm sure each state would be looking for the best coach possible ??

Spanner.

The rule change reffered to in the previous note is that the entry average to the nationals has been added to the 'high average' for handicaps.

The best coach? You got plenty down there spanner? Want to send a couple up this way before we our poor coach drops from exhaustion! :D

I would like to applaude TBA on the rule changes to WDV.
It will be alot better now at trails having more than 8 to 10 people try out for the squad.

I think that all that have been asociated with WDV will with open arms encourage new bowlers to try out for there state.

Lets think of all the positives from the rule changes and not find negatives as I think we have enough of them lately.

Hope to be there again next year to mix it up with all the new and not so new bowlers which make it a great tournament.

regards
Shayne Hendriksen

Ice ..

I agree ... we have too many coaches down here ... every time I go to the bowling alley someone comes up to me and tries to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Now, instead of using an expletive under my breath, I'll just tell them to go to North QLD. problem solved.

On a more serious note.... have you ever thought about becoming a coach? If there is a shortage of them up there, that sounds like an opportunity.

And nogum ... I love your tag line 'you will get beaten by someone you least expect'. You're not talking about our match at De Veer are you?

Spanner.

Hi All, Happy New Year to all of you out there in the bowling world :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hope everyone is over their illnesses and back and ready for another great year.
Just wondering if you have caught up the the Revised Version 5.2 (4/12/04) of WALTER DE VEER INTERSTATE RESTRICTED CHALLENGE (you would not want to say all that in a hurry). Not sure of the name before 4/12/04. Not really worried what it is called so long as we have our great competition that you all know.

Some interesting changes and I would be interested in all your comments!

And like to catch with all my great friends too.

Cheers
Pam :multi: :multi: :multi:

Back
Top Bottom