Should tournament directors have the ability to re average b

jess lawrence...
u know exactly wat i mean
i'm not sayin handicap bowlers and ****... i'm sayin that they just aint up to the standard of scratch bowlers quite just yet

i know carly and trace have come a long way.. and so have us...

if u read me last posts u will see that i said everyone can be a scratch bowler... just put their mind to it and keep tryin and u'll eventually get there

i'm not callin no one a crap bowler..

and i meant aren't up to the standard to bowl scratch.. that's why the bowl handicap.. to try to make it a fairer competition

jess, yes u can use past tournament averages (over 18 games or more!). all you need to do if someone asks for proof is get your scores or a print out from the tournament. simple
icon_biggrin.gif

and by rights the entry forms should say "highest sanctioned average" or the likes... nothing about league.
hope it helps clear the matter up!!
bye
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Well. While visiting Aust Bowling Forum I searched for interesting topics and stumbled across a topic with 5 pages full of 62 replies and thought 'Hmm ... must be interesting'. Firstly I found it amusing, then cruel, then boring and repetitive. I then thought that if any other states Eastcoast wanna-be-s were reading this they would be witnessing a state divided. Don't you think that it seems obvious that everyone is entitled to their opinion which may differ from the next persons. Lets band together and leave the past where it is. My son plans to tryout for Eastcoast and if he makes it I will insist that he bonds with his fellow teammates, however they made the team. I'd love for this to be the last post on this topic but I know some won't resist the temptation to keep going. Positive thoughts are much healthier guys but they're just my thoughts.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Could somebody from Victoria please explain to us Queenslanders what Eastcoast is? And could you also tell us about the team selection process? TIA.

hey
ok East-Coast....
well theres a scratch and graded boys and girls under 21 and scratch and graded adults ok well what u have to do is bowl a league which is your association that runs East-Coast so with Queensland it will tqi i think ok u bowl championships singles doubles teams Adult juniors ect ect all events Masters and stuff like that ok then da real stuff ok u bowl singles doubles and teams for your state that is what they call EAST-COAST u bowl againt vic n.s.w if u are bowling for queensland ok.... ok then u have a dinner dance and and an all start team men and ladies which juniors can make aswell da ladies last year 5th spot average was like 195 and da guys was like 210 or something but anyways now Queensland your selection process there is no selection process it's all roll off's u bowl i dunno how many games but them it's da top 7 with highest average go through and u'll represent queensland.... it's Lots of fun it's not as serious as president shield but it's just as fun it's like a president shield but less teams and older people the age limit is 21 so thats pretty good... anyways if u wanna more info just ring and ask your assiociation or there should be some entry forms at your home centre if not just ring they will send one out... so yeah anyways keep smileing love ya heaps Trace....
if u want more info from e-mail or add me to msn [email protected]
Tracey M....

don't player hate just congratulate...
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Andrew

The reason why you probably haven't heard of East Coast is because in Queensland there is a great division between TBA and TQI. Usually up here you are either sanctioned one or the other but in NSW and VIC as i have noticed there are alot of people who are duel sanctioned. In the past there has been some rivalry also if i recall but now they are trying to band together. Wonder if it will work??

Hope that answers your question as to why you don't know what it is.

Cheers
Kim

jess ryan,
i think that handicap bowlers are good! damn good!
i know ur not sayin we r crap and maybe we arn't up 2 the standard of scratch but if pplz are complaining of handicap and when they enter tournies they all have a winge n a sook because sum 1 has a bigger handicap!
why have handicap if pplz are gonna carry on like this??
jess!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hello,
I would just like to appologise for anything I may have said to upset any readers. I was made aware that a reply I previously posted in this topic was deleted. Obviously the moderaters thought it to be somewhat slanderous. I honestly disagree, but hey, no use whining! So once again, if anything I said was seen as an insult or as slander, I am sorry...

Tracey thank you for a fascinating response,absolutely loved your post.Sounds a bit complicated for us simple country folk although I liked the idea of a dinner dance. Bet you lot bat on well into the night.
Kim you are quite right about TQI, although this year they are quite OK to enter the QLD State Champs without taking out additional TBA membership. I believe this applies to the TBA Nationals as well.Great to see, we don't need these divisions in bowling.

Back
Top Bottom