Seniors Week Oiling Pattern

strop

Elite Athlete
From what I can gather this is the Pattern for the Seniors Week.

Kegel ' Broadway' Pattern

cheers

Tony

Attachments

• 2009Championship 2009 Oil Pattern.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
JP,

I have ask the question to see if they could use this pattern for the classic.

I think it would be good for all if they could use this.

Cheers

Tony

HI JP,
it is the pattern to be laid down for ATBSO Seniors Week and I would suppose the Challenge.
Dont confuse with TBA Nationals.

Brenda,

Who said anything about the TBA Nationals ??

And I did get this pattern off the ATBSO site.

So I'm sure there shouldn't be any confusion.

JP, As I said earlier I will know more on the Pattern later this month, and will advise all.

I have requested they try and use this same pattern as it will be good practice for those attending Canberra in September.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony and Brenda, glad to see such pattern be used for ATBSO national. The pattern was used at 2008 Sedney Senior, a good pattern for national level compitition.

Regards,
JP

Tony.

This pattern was put down at the Sydney TBA Seniors at Enfield ( South Strathfield). It had 40 units instead of the recommended 50 units and proved more than challenging for most bowlers.
The most notable acception was however the blatant advantage given to the less used areas of the lane, being anyware left of 20 board or 5 board and out on the right.I see little advantage to the vast majority of bowlers by setting this pattern.
Belconnen has "High Performance Lanes (HPL's), and if oiled as posted, 39 feet, will almost shut out most right handers. The carry down will be extreame.
Last year in Adelaide we had a similar pattern,which changed wildly from championships through restricted to the open challenge. Only 4 bowlers managed to average 200 or better.
I see ATBSO as a competition of, not the elite, but the best bowlers aged over 45 in the country, setting patterns of 3 or 4 to 1 does nothing to promote the sport nor encourage bowlers to compete.
2007 in Cragie W.A. allowed Senior bowlers to enjoy what they strive for, high games and the enjoyment of their sport. Check the scores.

STEVEN SMITH

Steve,

Thanks for your comments.
I bowled in 2007 in WA and found them very score-able, and and again in adelaide which I thought they were going to be the same as in perth, but no where close as far as I'm concerned.
In all the challenges I have bowled in so far, which has only been since tasmania mind you the conditons to me have been some-what chook raffles to what you are going to expect. It varies so much from centre to centre.!
If this pattern is already been decided to be used in canberra, so be it, I cant see the problem in laying it down for the SA Classic next month to see how it goes, it certainly can't be any worse than last year.

To me I really don't care what pattern is laid whether it be easy or hard.
I agree with allot of seniors in not making it too difficult a condition, and looking at this pattern it is far from difficult, best you want bowlers not only to come back but enjoy themselves at the same time.

And if this Pattern turns out to be some-what more difficult than expected it will give organisers time to change it for canberra.

I really not sure were you coming from, perhaps to can elaborate a bit more.

cheers

Tony

Tony,

I was present at Forrest Hill,Illawarra,Hobart, W.A and Adelaide.
The best time had by all was the high scoring centres.
Your not being concerned by the pattern is not shared by all.
Why not open up the lanes and let the best perform as expected.
A pattern that has shown as benificial to a select amount of bowlers is not necessararily the best pattern for the majority.
I have only the experience of bowling in W.A and Adelaide and have seen both ends of the scale.
The composition of lanes and the oiling patterns vary greatly and do not influence bowlers equally.
To expect that an oiling pattern bowls equally from left to right is farcical, 90% of lane wear is right of 20 board.
All I ask is for an equal playing field, shorten the pattern,(about 36 feet) increase the head oil and allow for a back end that favoures all. Not every bowler over 45 hooks a ball nor catches a ball as others.
Lets have an enjoyable senior nationals, perhaps some will return next year.

Regards

Steven Smith

Steve as I said in my previous post perhaps they might use this short to medium oil pattern at the SA Classic as a trial to see how enjoyable it might be.
Then see the reaction of the senior bowlers and gauge this to see if it might have to be looked at the nationals, remembering you might need the condition to hold a little more to the amount of linage there might be.

Hell I agree with you make it easy and enjoyable, suits me, don't have to work so hard. :) :)

As far as left and right conditions.... I seen this argument for the last 30 + years, it will never end and you will never please every-one. :)

The Broadway is a fairly short to medium oil condition. How much easier do you want it.

Cheers

tony

Steven...

Unless we're talking about handicap events, then the best bowlers SHOULD have the advantage. Not because of an easy pattern, but because they are THE BEST BOWLERS!

Laying down a pattern which is wide open only serves to cheapen the event. What is does is to negate the advantage that comes from years of honing one's bowling skills. Instead, the bowler who has the right ball in their hand, or god forbid has a shot which doesn't change ( ie. lefthanders) will end up on top. This whole left side/right side thinking of yours is a farce. If you want the lefthanders getting the advantage, then go ahead and make them stupid easy. If you want a fair shot, on which the best 'bowler' wins, then longer oil is the answer.

Back
Top Bottom