Selections????

Potter

lost
This seems to be a hot and arguable topic at the moment---- so the question arises.
When do you give the new guy a chance & not jump over them to select the tried and true bowler?
If selectors always choose the same bowlers when do others get a chance?
How do you stop the favouritism? What would happen if TBA went back to taking top 4 or top 7 bowlers at roll-offs for rep teams.
How do you please everyone:confused: :confused: :confused:

I really don't want to post but this bothers me a lot.

When do you give the new guy a chance & not jump over them to select the tried and true bowler?

That does NOT make sense when you want to choose the BEST team to represent your state.
The take top 3 and select 1 policy is to ensure that if a top bowler has ONE SINGLE bad weekend they will not be penalised for it. Any top bowler can have a bad day and it happened. He got screwed, end of story

Porto???? It is a general question - there was a time when most states took top 7 for shield ( some still do) but times have changed YET I have heard that 1 state was directed by TBA to revert to top 7 bowlers ( after complaints about selections) ...so the question still stands....who do you please.or who do you try to please???/ How do you know who the best team will be......as you said everyone has a bad day......

Porto???? It is a general question - there was a time when most states took top 7 for shield ( some still do) but times have changed YET I have heard that 1 state was directed by TBA to revert to top 7 bowlers ( after complaints about selections) ...so the question still stands....who do you please.or who do you try to please???/ How do you know who the best team will be......as you said everyone has a bad day......
You are correct, and the State in question was Queensland. However the direction to select 7 came from the State body TBAQ, not from the National body, TBA.
The directive was issued by the State Board following complaints about selections, mainly from parents and relatives.
The board also stated that if the Committees were to produce a fair and reasonable set of criteria for selection which could be advertised prior to any roll-off then they (the Board) would examine the criteria and if it was considered reasonable the Committees would be permitted to resume selection.
So far no criteria has been submitted by any Committees.

Back
Top Bottom