sad news....positive thoughts needed!

sam.t

For those of you that don't know...
Brian Coleman was in a car accident nearly two weeks ago where an 18year old p plate driver hit him head on when Brian was on the way home from coaching the kids.
Brian is in royal perth hospital recovering slowly from multiple severe injuries and our best wishes are with him, Terri and his family at this time.
I wanted to post this so all of those people who Brian has helped with Walter Deveer and President Shield and throughout WA bowling for many years - especially all his work with junior bowling can also send their best wishes and positive thoughts to his family.
To my knowledge, he is not yet allowed visitors but i'm sure when he is he will appreciate lots of visitors and support.
Brian gives his time tirelessly to helping others and i'm sure he's helped many of you (and he's just a great person). I've personally worked with Brian and the Shield team and received his help in coaching so i am looking forward to the day he's back on the lanes.
Get well soon Brian... i'll be visiting you when we are all allowed.
samantha taylor.

That is sad news indeed Samantha.

Our thoughts and best wishes are with Brian and Terri and their family as they embark on upon the road to recovery. We sincerely wish a speedy and full recovery to Brian, and look forward to seeing him gracing the lanes again in the very near future.

I heard about this when i was in sydney a few weeks ago. Brian is a great man both on and off the lanes and having had him as a personal coach to myself, this is very tradgic. Brian, Terri, my thoughts are with you and will continue to be there until brian is out of hospital and coaching us all again. I hope to see him out of hospital when i am in perth later this year as this man is one i couldnt stand to see in a hospital bed.

All the best for a speedy recovery Brian.

Matt Watson

I heard of Brian's accident soon after my thoughts and pray's are with you Brian and Terri speedy recovery.

Jeanette and Family

I was really saddened by the news about Brian. He is one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet. Always there to have a chat and a laugh about anything.

The time spent at Morwell for youth last year with Brian as manager made for one of the best trips away. Never a dull moment around. He certainly is a true character of this sport.

My thoughts go out to him, Terri and all the Coleman family. We wish him a very speedy recovery. He is an absolute legend.

Get well soon.

Luke.

Have just read the news about Brian and wish to pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery. To Terri and family hang in there and let Brian know that all of the Tassie crew are thinking of him and yourselves at this time.

Keep us posted on his progress, look forward to hearing good news.

WDV Tassie

I have just read the news about Brian.I would like to wish Brian a very speedy recovery. From everyone associated with WDV in Queensland that knows Brian and Terri, our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Danny "Speedbump" Simpson.

Although we do not personally know Brian, we have certainly heard about his positive and tireless efforts within our sport.

Our best wishes are with Brian in his time of recovery and our heartfelt thoughts are with his family and friends as the commence the up hill battle of helping Brian throughout the recovery process.

We wish him a speedy recovery

From
Leon, Gloria and Taya Reggars

and

Brad, Rachel, Shontay and Khynan Reggars

havent been on in ages

sadden to hear of Brians misfortune

is there any update on his condition

best wishes to Brian for a speedy recovery

thoughts to Terri & family

Hi All
not much of an update, but..
Brian is now breathing on his own and making slow but steady progress. The true extent of his injuries are still not clear but his condition is more stable than it was. They were hoping to move him from intensive care soon.
I'm sure Brian, Terri and their families appreciate the support from the local and interstate bowlers and friends. There's still a long way to go.
samantha

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the update and great to hear Brian is breathing unaided (that is a huge feet in itself) hoping he continues to make steady progress.

Please keep us informed

Warm regards
The Reggars Family (Snr and Jnr)

A true Gentleman, our thoughts and prayers are with you , best wishes for a speedy recovery, Graham & Karola

gosh!!! not good news but hes a great bloke i remember brian from when i bowled shield nearly eight years ago and he was always there to help and encourage everyone. Hope all is well and best of luck to brian on a quick recovery, All the best to terri and the rest of the family

Leigh chalmers and family
xoxoxoxo

Hi All
Brian is continuing to improve in leaps and bounds. He can now follow instructions from the doctors and make small movements. They are hoping that he'll be able to speak in the next week or two.
He'll be assessed soon to see if he can be moved from intensive care and allowed visitors.
That's great news for Brian and his family.
samantha

Thanks for the update Sam, that is great news.

Let's hope he can regain his speach in time to wish his family a Merry Christmas. That would surely be their best present EVER.

Our thoughts continue to be with his family
The Reggars Family (Snr & Jnr)

Hi,

I don't personally know Brian but i have heard nothing but kinds words from those that do.

I too was in this situation 2 years ago when both my daughters Tiffani and Felicyti were in a car accident, Felicyti was in a coma for 21 days so i know what Brian and his family must be going through.

My thoughts and prayers are with all concerned...........Here's hopeing for a quick recovery.

Sam, keep up with the updates.

Best wishes
Sandi Murphy

Hi All

Brian is continuing to improve every day. He's not yet able to talk, as his throat is still healing, however he is now alert. He is receiving physio twice a day and that is going well.

It is thought that sometime in January he should be able to start receiving visitors.

Merry Christmas to all and stay safe. The most important gift is your health and the health of your family.

samantha

The most important gift is your health and the health of your family.
samantha

Well said Samantha,

Thanks again for the further update and so glad to hear that Brian is slowly improving.

Wishing him, his family and friends a safe and prosperous Christmas with a great deal of love and support.

Back
Top Bottom