SA Junior Youth Circuit Survey

Dion A

To all bowlers who bowled the circuit, wish they'd bowled the circuit, want to join the circuit or did not even fathom the idea of bowling the circuit this is an invitation to gain feedback from you guys. All comments, constructive of course, are welcome and hopefully we can make the circuit bigger and better for the next year.

I will start discussion off by asking a few questions.

1) Should we have a final matchplay day where the top 8 in each division based on ranking points fight it out for the overall prize?

2) Should an oiling conditioning policy be implemented?

3) Should the ranking points system be restructured?

Any other comments as I said are welcome.

Thanks

Dion Alexander

Hey Dion

1) I dont believe the top 8 should roll off for the overall prize. Reason 1: Why should someone who has bowled well over the past year be punished if they have a bad day and dont win. 2: There aren't enough bowlers in each division to have the top 8 roll off.
2) I would like an oiling pattern implemented kind of like the Sports pattern theory on the PBA tour.
3) I would like to see the points combined. I know the seperate ranking points was designed to bring more females into the circuit, but it hasn't worked. The girls who bowl, bowl against the boys so why not give them the points they would have received for finishing in that position. That way the prize fund at the end would be bigger as well.
Just some suggestions.... Either way I'll see you next year.

Louise

First thing I'd like to say is congrats to everyone who bowled in it this year, and that it was great to see the level of competition there.
After reading those questions, I did think the final matchplay day with the top 8 from each division was a good idea, but then also I'll take that back as Louie is right, there just aren't enough players in each div to make up the numbers.
The oil pattern doesn't bother me as I bowl rather averagely no matter what it's like, unless it's fairly dry out there. And if there are any ways to increase the amount of prize money at the end of each round, then I'd say try them. Not sure of any ideas as such, but I'm sure people can brainstorm a few.
Looking forward to 2008! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom