SA Junior Youth Circuit - Norwood RESULTS

Dion A

Hi all sorry for the delay! Congrats to Louise Ingoe, Chris Basso and Megan DeLeeuw for their wins in their respective divisions. Was another good turnout again 29, only 4 short of the circuit at Woodville!! This is the healthiest the circuit has been in its history, and I should know!!!! Please find an updated Rankings List attached. Craig Murray still on top in the Junior Boys and Megan DeLeeuw has now taken the lead in the girls! The rankings for the U23's works on your finishing position AFTER QUALIFYING and you must be a member of SAJYC before this event for these points to be included. These points will be open to both Juniors and Youth! For those who think this is unfair, the reason this has been done is to a) help support local national tournaments and b) rankings are only taken from 5 events, so if you do not bowl the U23's it is not a huge disadvantage! The next event after the U23's will be held @ Elizabeth on the 9th of September and will be an elimination final for the Youth.

As we are half way through the circuit's events, what are bowlers feelings on the whole thing and are there any alarming things that maybe have to be changed?

It was suggested more prize money but that either means more people or more initial layout, until it is built into something that could attract a healthy sponsorship deal.

Anyways I'm always open for comments and criticisms but the feeling I have gotten so far, a) from numbers and b) from the general vibe is that there is a need for a circuit like this, and it is heading in the right direction.

Thanks heaps and see all you circuiteers at the U23's

Dion

Attachments

• Rankings after Norwood.pdf
    13 KB · Views: 44
  • Norwood Results.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 50
Dion

As for the whole 'money' thing, there's not a lot we can do about that.
Without a monetary sponsor, kids wil need to pay an exorbitant amount to fatten the prize pool, which will result in a smaller turnout to these events, which would be a shame.

Maybe the bowling centres themselves can offer the circuit a discount off the lineage cost? Let's be honest, it's extra income they're getting, and the lanes wouldn't be used if the JYC wasn't there. If the games are costing kids $5 a game, on 30 people, there's $900 income the centre is making. If the centre were to do a 'charitable' thing and charge $4.50, the income would be $810, thus being able to give the prize fund another $90 dollars.....Perhaps this has already been thought of.

As for the circuit itself, I think you have done a brilliant job in trying to create and maintain a circuit where the juniors and youth can compete on a regular basis. This kind of thing, I believe, is what we need for the adult world also. Who knows, maybe we can take a leaf out of your book....

Just my two cents worth....Well done mate.

Back
Top Bottom