2007 SA Junior Youth Circuit

Dion A

After a years absence I have the pleasure to announce that the SA Junior Youth Circuit will be back in 2007 bigger and better (yes thats a promise!!) Currently dates, centres and formats are being worked out and as soon as all this information is finalised you will be the first to know on here!!! Events will not be held on the weekends of major interstate adult and youth tournaments!! A variety of things are being looked into to make the circuit better including a ranking point system and lane conditions! Stay tuned for an update!!

Dion

Sounds good but once again... How many people will bowl in it?
Would there be a need for a junior and youth separate section?
How about male/female? what about combining and giving the females a 8 or whatever it is handicap?
Im sure these points and the others like prize fund/lane conditions and so forth will be looked at already but why not ask them now and see what you guys have already...
As for me, this looks like a good way for me to get back and enjoy my bowling again...

Alex

I've been waiting for this to come back and hopefully by avoiding date clashes everyone will get behind it and we can genuinely build a great circuit that will last and who knows maybe get a few sponsors.....either way can't wait to be bowling this again.

Cheers,
Bobba

You need something!!

While All the training in the world is good, but.......

You need as much tournament play as possible......

I'd have to agree with you there Tony, like you said training is good but you can't beat matchplay experience.

I am looking forward to the circuit and cant wait to bowl.

Matt

This is great news people.....
There were lots of teams bowling in the U25 tournament this year, add the youth bowlers that didn't bowl, i'm really hoping the Circuit is strongly supported by all.
I'm really looking forward to it.....i've slowly got used to giving away my money lol
Hope we hear more soon.

sounds good - depending on my work schedule I may even come down and show my support by donating my money via entering the comp!!

kek. benji.

Who is this BennyBoy character?? I mean I used to know this guy called Ben Shearer and all but I'm pretty sure he dropped off the face of the planet because after all the world is flat!! Ha ha. Good to see your still around Shearbe hopefully we will get to see you around and don't worry your money will be more than welcome in my somewhat bare wallet!! He he he.

Anyways good to see old faces still interested in the Circuit return and fingers crossed it really will be supported by the bowlers.

Cheers,
Bobba

P.s Are you gonna wash that glass before you eat it?? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

hahahaha bobba - man I can't believe you remember that - what a trip!!

Yea I am still here - working hard, trying to make a living... you know how it goes! Yea i'll come say hello, and may even bowl once or twice... im pretty rusty crap at the moment (so still the same lol).

Hey just a quick question regarding jyc... ummmm wen is it starting :p have any plans been made yet..... cheers keep me imformed please.... ;) :p

Timmy

Details are being finalised at the present moment!!! I will get back to you when all centres have been booked and finalised!! We are looking to start up on the 18th of March, keep that date free!!!! If you're on myspace the circuit has a MYSPACE haha!!! www.myspace.com/sajyc!!! This site and that site will be used as a majority of the places to put results and entry forms and get feedback from you guys!!! Watch this space for details within the week!!!

Well I am glad to see that people are showing interest in the circuit again woohoo lol!! Currently the circuit is at the TBA office getting its accreditation and entry forms and and 'official' calendar will be launched when this does happen!! Costs will be $40 for Juniors and $50 for Youth. Youth will have either an Elimination, Step Ladder or 3-way (no funny business!!) final at each of the rounds. This year for the first time the circuit will run its own rankings system to determine the overall yearly winner!! This year 6 events will be run and results from U23's will again count towards the end of year prize. The best 5 results will be taken from each bowler to determine this winner. Now what you all wanna hear centres and dates!!!

18th March - Salisbury
6th May - Woodville
8th July - Norwood
*U23's
9th Sept - Elizabeth
7th Oct - Barossa
18th Nov - Cross Road

hey dion,

In past youth circuits there has been a rego fee payable. Will there be one this year, if so how much?

Cheers, Bobba

Andrew payouts will be 1:3 for the Juniors and 1:5 for Youth, the total prize money will depend on a) the centre and b) the number of entries, a breakdown is on the entry form but as it is still in the accreditation pile @ the TBA office I can't release it!! Based on 10 entries the worst a youth bowler will get is $90 and 2nd will get their money back. Bobba there will be a registration fee of $5 for Juniors and $10 for Youth payable once only. Costs have been cut for the Juniors to make it cheaper for the parents (as they are usually the ones that pay for it), but this has meant lower prize fund. We were trying to move away from giving Juniors too much money though.

Hey Dion,
Sounds all good mate. Bring on the 18th of March wooooooo!!! Sorry got a little bit excited n stuff. Anyway, hopefully people will get behind the circuit this time round (yeah I'm talking to you reading this now get behind it or else......only kidding!!). It'd be good to see heaps of people around though so look forward to seeing everyone out there.

Cheers,
Bobba

Hey Dion,
I was just checking the SA calender and it appears that Elizabeth have the Northern Open planned for the 8th July. I know I'll want to bowl Northern so is it possible to change the circuit date??

Cheers,
Bobba

Back
Top Bottom