Sa Cup-weekend!

First of all i would like to congratulate Graham on another fine peformance with his fantastic coverage of this event (am i talking this up!!) and to paul trotter for his great win, jez for his 300 game well done, and to matt francis for going from 1st to 19th in quaklifying, u no you like it!!, and to graham bad luck with the horse!!, lol, maybe betta luck in melbourne, but thank ur mum for me!!, all in all great weekend
Take it easy, see you all at aussie open

Mark Foster
icon_biggrin.gif

I believe that Mr. Foster owes me a bottle of some vodka, after betting that he would chase me down and pass me in qualifying.

Fat chance of that when you chuck games of 119 Mark! Make sure its a good quality one too :^)

Mark Foster must be related to the Seven Dwarfs because I owe, I owe, I owe everyone.

See you at the AO Mark

The Ref
icon_mad.gif

The Ref?, seems ur talking it up here, well its all good, hopefully i owe u a $1000 coz if i do i will make a payment plan of 20cents per week, nah thats 2 much 5cents per week, surely u xcept that?

Cheers
Mark
icon_biggrin.gif

Milkman, c'mon mate i was disadvangted, coz i couldnt throw a spinner lol, but where going double or nothing arnt we?? dont forget the skins tourny mate, i checked flight for you $154 return plus u can stay at my place, here are some flights
Sat 2nd march 8.15pm - 9.15pm $77
Mon 4th March 7.00am - 8.00am $77

just give it some thought, it will be a good tournament

Cheers
Mark
icon_biggrin.gif

Well another S.A. Cup run and won....well done to see paul take it out.....See you don't need to see how many revs you can get on your ball to win a tournament..just keep it simple??!@#$. Were they tough conditions or what...many first timers saying too tough not coming back here again...and the older ones aint bowling no more...might not look good for numbers next year...??!!
Quoted by a veteran on the weekend saying he felt like he was bowling in a junior tourney with so many new young faces out there...lol??
Well thats what we need I suppose!
Even though the tournament committee did a good job..I would still like to see a bit more effort in running the tournament to a more professional standard.....quicker update of results after each game of match play...not having to read the top few DURING the next round but before they start. and the wait inbetween the matchplay and position round I thought was too long....but thats me!!!!!!!!
all in all a good weekend I'm sure for SOME!
bye now

Mark, forgive me for not believing you but i will believe it when i see it. After all it has been nearly 11 years. Lets hope your true to your word this time.
icon_rolleyes.gif

As far as the condition on the weekend goes
,can't really tell you as I didn't bowl and could only see what I could see.....however I'm sure there are 96 ther bowlers that will tell you what they were like.
My opinion is that they were the lowest scoring condition I have seen there for a long time.....I would have thought that with the you beaut!! balls that are around today everbody wouldn't have a problem adjusting....?$!##$ However it seems you didn't need a big shot to win on that condition (not taking anything away from paul..he has been around for a long time)
I would be interested to see what others have to say???
And I agree there are a lot of ditches around at the moment....but there has been for a long time....reactive balls have made it easier for some....but who wants to bowl in a ****hole.....I mean you want people to come back right...make em! think there good right>>>>>>(mind you some are)
bye now

"make them think that they are good". Maybe that is why our sport is the way it is, you make them think their good, they buy the equipment, they bowl in a tourny away from their home centre and find out that they are not as good as their home centre made them out to be and there goes another league bowler along with his mates. Bowling is one of the few sports that those in control continually try to make it easier rather than more challenging. The other problem being that once alot of these bowlers are challenged they are not up to it.
Bit long winded but......
icon_confused.gif

The weekend’s condition I would have to say was fair and challenging.

Fair because for a while we weren't hearing about it’s a lefties centre or a righties house. This week we were talking about who threw what shot and where and how we could beat the lanes on day two.

A challenge for there was a shot as Paul displayed. I think the trick was to stay on it and stay focused on your game, as the 160 were easy to throw.

matt

It is time everyone stopped expecting high scores to be handed to them on a plate. The condition at Woodville was challenging, but by no means the toughest I have come across. That I missed the cut was purely my own fault. There was a shot there for everyone, looking at those who cut, strokers, crankers, lefties. I mean, isn't this game supposed to be some sort of challenge?????????????????

Maybe make the league conditions easy, but major tournies should be tough and a test of the best where accuracy and technique prevail. And anyone who says there was no swing shot htere, ask Jarrod and Belmo. They played with accuracy, skill and maturity beyond their years and as a result nearly took the major prize. To Paul, here is a guy who should have been in FIQ teams for years but has never been properly acknowledged and the weekends performance proved that.

Hi all,

Strop, why were the lanes so tough on the weekend? Could it be that the lanes had a fair amount of oil on them and the bowlers actually had to think for themselves instead of bowling on the lolly pop conditions too many centres put down these day's.
Just a thought.

Rob

I finished 33rd, and was happy with the conditions.

You were rewarded for your good shots, and you paid severely for your bad shots, exactly the way bowling should be.

Not one single person in matrchplay didnt deserve to be there, as simple as that. They found their comfort point, and played it all day, while the rest of us struggled.

As for low games, my opening 288 block was fantastic :^)

Back
Top Bottom