SA CUP odds!

BELMO

To those who read this and think im serious....YOU’RE half right. :) This post is in no way to be taken entirely serious, the things I say are not the views of anyone else but my own and even my own views may not be my own, because my own views are not these but someone else’s.
Now that we have that all cleared up......on with the show as they say!

WELCOME TO THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN BOWLING ODDS

Well well well....what do we have here?

AMF bowling has decided to "sack up" and change the format for the next Super 6.
I must say, off the bat I love it. It has what bowling needs. But I can still hear a few of the older bowlers who don’t like change, who think Aussie bowling is as good as it gets, I can hear them out there saying they don't like it.....do you know what I have to say to them......GO JUMP.
It’s what Aussie bowlers and its crowd wants.

This format will bring excitement, it will bring rivalries it will bring PAUL TROTTER and GEORGE FRILINGOS head to head. Isn't that what this country wants to see??
Hell I know I cant wait to see them battle it out, with the winner going on further and the other throwing their balls into the back of the car, cursing a solid 10 or 7 pin that cost the victory and bragging rights between them....not to mention the extra $$$ they lose as well.

Now im not going to odds on the Qualifying..... Only the match play. I mean lets be honest, the match play is where the best bowling will be and where a champion will be born.

[/b]PAUL TROTTER- VIC 10-1

Not quite the dominating force he was in 2002 but as always such a trying competitor. Will never give up and most of all is always consistent. 180 will lose but 230 have a chance against the best stroker out there.
His main weapon though is whats commonly known as a "soft carry". After the 5 pin just falls, courtesy of the 4th rev, an opponent can get very upset with the 'good luck' of trotts and may lose their way in their own game.
I would put a lazy 5 on him, but I would be expecting him to lose in the quarters or the semi's, which is a mean feat in itself.

MAC STEWART- VIC 35-1

Mac has his days and Mac doesn't. Has been a while since I have seen Mac on the podium but has a knack of scraping through the qualifying rounds..... With this new format, that’s all you have to do. Make the finals and then anything can happen.
Although I’m not sure if this Victorian can strike when he really needs to. Soon find out I guess.
With his trademark small patch of hair under his chin (which i wished he would shave, it tickels me to much when he kisses me....whoops was i meant to say that) and streaked hair, Mac has plenty of style off the lanes, but maybe not quite enough to win on the lanes.

MICKEY ZENTVELD- VIC/QLD 20-1

After a back to back win in the ACT, this guy is on fire right now. With a new arsenal of bowling balls at his disposal (all STORM I might add) he will be very hard to beat.
His biggest problem (besides the fact that SA cup is not in Canberra), with the way Mickey bowls, if the shot is tough he can go 160 270 140 250, which can make qualifying hard. Should he make the finals I for 1 don’t want to play him...? I can win with a 190 and lose with a 250.....consistency is all he needs.
But I know Mickey and he now has a new fascination with tattooing his body, which is costly, so im sure he will go all out to make sure he wins a few bucks to pay for the finishing of the tat he started on his arse, but ran out of money to finish :)

JASON WALSH -NSW 5-1

I have done allot of traveling with this guy and I know how determined he is to win. Not to mention he is one of the luckiest son of a bit*hes to walk god's green earth.
If this guy needs a strike to win, don't be surprised to see a trip 2 or 4 pin to win.
He has gone with a new look since his publically allowing Shelly Contrell to style him. The longer hair although loses his "toughness" look, it makes it up in "sexiness"
The new lady killer and charmer of the bowling tour, his new weapon is to make both men and women gooey in the fork (so to speak) slip over while bowling using his catch phrase "KEEP IT PHYSICAL"
Look for him....his style is so good to watch makes me almost wish i was a 1 handed bowler :)

BRANDON QUALISCHEFSKI- QLD 7-1

Well what I can say about this living ledgen, as a Groomsmen in his long a waited wedding to the lovely Natasha. It’s just so hard for me to say anything bad about this guy...........but im sure I can still try :)
Mr. Qualla has the best mental game I have ever seen, to go with an unusual style (not that I can talk) that only he himself can master, which I might add is extremely effective.
So why doesn’t he always win?? I ask myself that question alot...why doesn’t Qualla win everything?? If you have th best mental game and a great physical game, why dont you win everytime you bwol??
Then it occurred to me. THE WEDDING. Nervous by nature Qualla is to busy thinking about the wedding night.... I mean you all remember your 1st time don't you?? It was a scary time :) I think after Qualla is a married man, he will feel alot lighter on the toes and he will go on to win many more events.
On a little less serious note :) Qualla will make the quarters easy, then its going to be interesting to see how far goes after that!

JARROD LEAN - NSW 10-1

Perhaps the break over the new year will do this young lad good. After another narrow loss in ACT in the youth event, he will be keen for revenge and to start off 2005 with a win. But then should his bowling be anything like his gambling, you might see Jez pack up after the 3rd game of qualifying and catch the earlier flight home :) or maybe hitch hike home :)
Known as the C U N T (Cuts Usually in National Tournaments) .............this format may finally be the thing he is looking for to upgrade his placing from 9-11th to 1-4th.......
He is my best mate, so you will be hearing a loud cheer up the back from me, will that be enough?? If not I will no doubt really be putting off the opposition by doing something that is illegal in 6/7 states :)

BRENTON DAVY - SA 23-1

Quote "has the best swing in the game" not sure who said it but im sure he was on drugs :)
Brenton is a player who will either shoot +300 or -300.... In and out of form more often than Paris Hilton uses condoms.
With home town advantage a big PLUS, Brenton will need all the luck and skill he can pull out from his bum to be the SA cup champion.
But something about Brenton is when he has a chance to win he often does so...
All I can say is GOOD LUCK Brenton and may the left be open!!!!!!

GEORGE FRILINGOS- QLD 4-1

Our best lefty...(only by default because Sam Romeo doesn’t play as much any more). Has a ton of match play experience which will help this famous lefty.
More commonly knows as the "SS" (sh*t starter) George always knows what to say to make grown men cry while bowling.....its not easy to hit your mark when is fuzzy due to the tears :)
George has a controversy rating of 10/10. He has no fear in saying what he thinks (which is usually something stupid). I think George will be a wanted target by many on the Aussie tour. I for one can’t wait to beat him head to head and like I said before Trotts is dying to play and so is Brenton and so is Jarrod and so is everyone........ Actually I don’t think anyone really likes George haha
If God has a sense of humor he will make the shot on the left inside of 20 and then we can all watch this guy try to play 20-19 with his Mech-a-tech, dull bowling balls and bad dress sense..... When ever your feeling a bit blue think of the saying "there is always someone worse off" then look at George and no doubt you will start to smile :)

MIKE MUIR - WA 11-1

I actually really fancy this guys chance....after winning SA cup last year and constant cuts in every event he plays, Mike is always one to becarful of. Don’t let the "pussy" style fool you, he can throw strikes and makes every spare. You better be shooting 230's and upward if you want to beat this guy.
I have the pleasure of owning Mike in a Personal bet, but I can assure you it takes the pure class of myself to beat him.
"Be afraid, be very afraid" should you have to play Mike on the FRESH!
But if you get the chance to play him on a golf course feel free to average the same as you do in bowling to beat him on the course :) 230's should cover it.

MICK LITTLE - NSW 3-1

Why is he at such low odds I can hear you all say out loud to your computer screens?
Simple, this guy knows how to win, this guy can scare you, this guy can put a bowling ball through a solid chair, imagine what he could do to your head should you piss him off????
If I have to play him, don’t be worried if you see a blind score for me.... I might loose the game but ill have the use of my arms and legs after it...... Mick always has a great Win loss record when it comes to match play formats.
His not the World Champ for nothing!!!!!!!!!

ASH RILEY- TAS 33-1

Somewhat out of form over the past 3 years..... But I still rate him as a bowler.... I know what you’re thinking. How can he win??
Well im not to sure myself. But in every event there’s someone who has that BLINDER of a day, comes out on fire or has a lucky lane draw....ASH for me is well over due and he is my dark horse for this years SA cup.
Good luck Ash, your going to need every little bit of it but if someone out there can come through strong Ash can...He always CUMS home hard!

Last but not least

ZANE QUE- QLD 17-1

Should be a member of the Australian FIQ team (just ask him). Zane can do what most bowlers only dream of...been able to release the ball 3 meters from his leg and still be very accurate and well balanced.
I have always said the larger men have a lower centre of gravity and can sustain better balance :) well that’s what I like to think :)
Zane's main weapon though isn't what he can do on the lanes; its he can produce in the player’s area. Zane has once recorded smells from his arse at a BIO CHEMICAL WARFARE level........1 minute you can be standing and feeling fine, next minute you can wake up in a hospital some 5 years later, just coming out of your coma :)
Beware of the warning signs??? If he laughs for no reason or asks you if you can smell fire, do what I do and run :)

Once again thanks your time, I hope it was read with a sense of humor, because that’s how I wrote it.

Till the next time im bothered to write an odds again.......Good luck to all at SA and i hope to see you soon after that!

Booty Call Belmo

Laaaaate

God Belmo I thought I was the only one with nothing to do at work. I also thought I was the only one who posted novels occassionally.

Good amusing read and look forward to your call of the card for Blacktown. See you in Adelaide. By the way what are your odds or are you too modest to say them out loud.

Made me laugh a bit :)

Always good when you can carry a sense of humour with you :)

Just hope no one finds it offensive!

Benny.

:lol: if iam not positive about my bowling who else would be so there for it is no joke i will win in my mind i am shaw every one enters to win and be positive not to be negitive and think there entering to loose ?

As i'm sure you're aware. . . i meant no disrespect simmo.

You are quite correct though, you need to have a positive attitude when entering such an event. :)

2-1

i would put paul (the machine) trotter in at 2-1 as i beleive he is the best . i watched him on the weekend on terrible conditions and win .

I think he will win by a country mile i have watched all these other bowlers and i think pauli can zone in quicker , nothing soft about this man and as for luck good on him if he has it .

Personally my only luck is bad luck ,but thank god for that if i did not have it ,i would have no luck at all !!!!!

Given the new exciting format for this year, you couldn't possibly go past guys that have had experience in this format.

Look out for these guys:

Belmo, Frilingos and Little.

Just looked at forum for first time this year, well done Belmo......some very funny stuff, you may have to look at your odds though....Muir, Little & Frilingos not coming according to latest squad listings.

CIO.........Reckon these formats are a great idea but form is just about thrown out the window as any one can beaten in best of five, very similar to masters format, you come up against the wrong bowler at the wrong time shoot 750/3 but get smacked but thats the great thing about it.....any one of the qualifiers can win

Cheers
Colin

I must admit, i didn't even look at the squad listings. I just assumed those guys were going to be there.

But you are right, that is what makes this format more exciting and interesting. The assumption that the big names will win is gone, because as you said some darkhorse could knock out two or three big names on his/her way to the final. I kind of wish i was going. . . :(

i was planning on winning this tournee belmo..i cant believe i didnt even get a mention in the odds, i am hurt...very HURT!!!
but im not going now anyway so you dont have to worry...i have to wash my hair that weekend...
nah not really.

seriously though, i wish i could be there for the first of the 6, i said i wasnt going to miss a tournament this year but the big day out cant be missed as i have been to every one since it started in 92..
catchya at the next one.

doug, you should bowl the sa cup and then wait here for our big day out (feb 4th)! its only ... "half" as good as melbournes :)

-dan

its either going to be michael little, belmo or jarrod but twenty bucks on belmo to win.

sa cup odds

save your money chrissy or put the whole 20 plus more on justin :p

The humour is good Jase a funny read, on a serious note, Trott's? Lucky? what's the old saying, the more I practice the luckier I get? Technically crap but practice something long enough and you'll be good. That's Trott's, not technically correct but who is these days? You bowl with two hands for gods sake! Brando has a finish like a stork, there are many different ways to bowl and that's what makes our sport great, WHO CARES WHAT"S RIGHT! Just get out there and be the best you can be, if that's enough on the day, you've done well, if not, there's always the next one. Good luck to everyone!
P.S. Caught you on S.E.N. a couple times during the WC, you came across well.
Looking foward to seeing how things pan out, hope the new gear goes well Mac and the Vic's stay out of Glenelg, put me off last time (my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
Good luck all, Trott's, Mac, Old and Busted, Buzz and Baz you know who you are, show those SA's that Footballs not the only thing they're crap at!
And remember, if anythings in your way, say the word
Spatfa
You've seen the results!

Back
Top Bottom