Roto Grip Roto Grip Defiant Edge

Michael Little

Wow, is all I can say for this ball. It is a rare occurance I can utilize a high performance ball and be confident in it's versatility. The Defiant Edge gives me just that.

This ball is a pearlized version of the Defiant. This could possibly be RG's ball of the year until of course the next crop of fabulous equipment come out next month. (click on the links in my signature below!)

But for now, it is one hell of a ball. It has the same smooth backend motion that was apparent in the original Defiant, but with one massive boost from the break point. I drilled mine up the other day and it was so aggressive off the break point but rolled so smoothly and retained so much energy, I haven't seen a ball mix pins around like that, quite possibly ever.

The transition from break point to pocket is what is going to make this ball special. It keeps its energy, it breaks hard without being uncontrollable and just demolishes pins.

I have attached a pic of the one I drilled the other night, it is 5 x 3 x 4 for me, shifted a little so I could drill the pin out as my finger was going to be too close.

Defiant Edge.JPG

Now don't look for this ball to be the latest hook monster, RG have made this to compliment the Defiant and Critical Theory, it still does hook though, but as I said the key component of this ball will be versatility, consistancy and energy off the break point. (Just ask my good friend in the west, Chris Watson if he likes it :) 820 series off the bat!)

So spread the word, this ball is a must for everyones kit bag, a versatile high end ball!

No problems, I think this ball will be a hit for anyone and a lot of different styles, hope you enjoy it like I am mine!

Hey Michael, what's the price on this compared to the critical theory ? How does it play on the outside boards ?

got this bad boy drilled last friday and wow what a ball first game out of the box was 223 not to bad after coming back from a 2 year absents

Nice work, not the biggest hooking ball, but the motion and drive from the break point is second to none, and on the lane conditions most centres set up, you don't need a big hooking ball.

it has great hook at the breaking point totally agree next ball is the defiant soul

Defiant Soul is nice, very predictable and smooth, covers a few more boards than the Lucid but the Soul I left box condition.

Back
Top Bottom