Roto Grip Defiant Soul

Michael Little

The Defiant Soul is the third release in the Defiant range, following the original Defiant and the pearlized Edge.

As I was hoping for, the Soul is a nice mix between the two. The original Defiant in box condition, gave a nice early read with a fairly reserved backend, the Edge was a completely different ball, many boards of less hook, but aggressive (and stable) off the break point.

The Soul sits right in the middle, the oily lane conqueror mixed with the Edge's dynamic breakpoint.

I drilled mine up earlier, with a 60x40x5.5 layout, pushing the pin to PAP out a touch to cut down some flare and help it get down the lane a touch better. I tested it out on the 39ft WTBA Seoul, and whilst the length and oil volume was probably not ideal for this ball, it still made it down the lane with a nice length, and not too much energy bleeding off the ball to not carry (remember dull box condition).

This would appear to let this ball, compete for you even on medium oil patterns (probably not too many games), before needing to change down in grade. Being a higher rev player, I don't see this too often from a high end ball.

Also visit the BPD Bowling page on Facebook to see a video.
http://www.facebook.com/BpdBowlingAustralia
Defiant Soul 60x45x5.5.JPG Defiant Soul 60x45x5.5.JPG

Back
Top Bottom