Retirement up North?

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
:?: Townsvilles' Tenpin Teletubby to toss in the towel :?:

The Townsville bowling fraternity was stunned today when local icon Steve Hunt announced his 17th retirement from the sport of tenpin bowling. One of North Queenslands best bowlers and defending Sun City Open champion, the 31 year old Hunt cites wear and tear on his aging frame as the major reason for the shock decision, with even a four game league set requiring days of painful rehabilitation. As one observer observed, "when you hit a ball that hard, something has to give. If Steve would just back off from the five revs he gets now to 3 or 4, his body just might hold up better." Rumors that the physical problems are related to soft tissue injuries caused by repeated beatings with Tinky Winky's handbag have been dismissed by a spokesperson, who insists that the only soft tissue injury is between Steve's ears.
Whether Hunt can be lured from retirement to defend his Sun City crown or to be part of the first North Queensland Rachuig team before the Townsville bowling community buys all his gear remains to be seen.
No free donuts for you in the next Rachuig meeting, ya big wuss... :D

Well Rob what can I say?? It was just a matter of time before the body gave in, the power of the release far too great for the strong yet brittle tele tubby frame. The bowling fraternity is in shock, I think at my next event (SPC) I might wear a black arm band in his honour.

In some ways I am happy, as my chances of making the top 30 in Townsville just rose by one position. Please keep us informed of any new developments, I am still in shock :eek:

G

Back
Top Bottom