Results from World Championships

Hi, George. Did'nt know you had left scene - Not being funny, I've been away too - Shoulders fell apart. Just started again. Good you put this site up - Time difference seems to be 3 Hours. Yes ?

Yes 3 hours behind, Belmo and Walshy just about to start, they need about +320 over to book a spot in the top 4

PBA Rookie of the Year, Rhino Page and 10 time PBA winner Patrick Allen claimed Gold for the USA in the Doubles event ( short oil ). They defeated the pairing of Martin Larsen and Tomas Leandersson of Sweden who recieve Silver, 457 to 452.

Aussies finished:

Frawls and Jez 19th 2612 pins

Belmo and Walshy 25th 2592 pins

Loader and Mac 62th 2457 pins

U.S.A pairing of Page and Allen qualified 1st on 2857 pins, 40 ahead of Finland ( Salonen and Uotila ) on 2817 with Sweden ( Larsen and Leandersson ) a further 78 pins back on 2739. Norway ( Torgersen and Sandbakken ) rounded out the top 4 on 2726.

U.S.A defeated Norway 453 to 399 to advance to the Gold medal match with Norway winning Bronze.

Sweden defeated Finland 467 to 463 to advance to the Gold medal match with Finland winning Bronze.

In the All Events standings: ( top 16 make Masters )

After the Doubles ( 6 Games ):

Frawls is 10th
Belmo is 27th
Walshy is 96th
Mac is 112th
Loader is 145th
Jez is 157th

Good Luck fellas in the Singles ( Long oil ).

Overall, scores are pretty low. Aust not doing very well. Maybe we'll adapt to the conditions better as time goes on. Still time ( and games ) to recover.

Both Team USA teams got rolled in the trio finals by Korea and Japan, Korea going on to take the win. Our boys fell a bit short, the important thing is the dream team took a hit :D

Knowing the dream team got done is the best news i've heard all day George. Go Aussies.

Deano

i love your sportmanship george, praise the winners indeed but don't knock the losers maybe this is the reason bowling sucks in australia

Think about this for awhile. There are only three(3) countries in the world that have their own Pro Bowling Tours. USA, Japan and Korea. Japan and Korea sent their best amateurs to the World Championships. I wonder what would've happened had they sent their very own "dream teams"

Lots of haters in the world...It's a real shame that includes some bowlers.
:(

Is there alot of haters? or is it the fact there are alot that don't like the truth.

Yer and they put Rhino Page in and he shoots 760 to Walters 627. Somebody knew what they were doing.
I don't think George was having a go at team managenment, I think he was pointing out that even the greatest of the great will be burned pretty quickly for poor form.

You've also got Glen Loader down there in a make up team averaging 207 as well, second best Aussie performance for the teams. Guess its a tough gig knowing who to put in and who to take out. Rhino averaged 177 on the short! That's some turn around for the long.

Yer and they put Rhino Page in and he shoots 760 to Walters 627. Somebody knew what they were doing.
It's by no means a stroke of Genius. Check the Scores. who was the lowest US player on the Doubles (Short) WRWj, who had the lowest 3 games block on the short in trios for the US? WRWj...
Somebody knew what they were doing with a Calculator...
Considering they had only played 3 games on long, which was in trios. It's alot harder to make a judgement call has to who sits out. However, they made the right call. Rhino struggled, while WRWj did quite well. We don't know how Rhino felt, or any of the others for that matter. Or how well they bowled in the Trios event. We can only see what was knocked over.

Later Da Cowman!

I don't think George was having a go at team managenment, I think he was pointing out that even the greatest of the great will be burned pretty quickly for poor form.

And i dont see anywere in my post were i was having a go at George. I was stating the bleading obvious. That is why they are winning. They have the right team in for the pattern. There is obviously no egos in the USA team otherwise Rhino wouldnt have gotten a go.

Back
Top Bottom