QLD STATE TRAINING SQUAD

Kevin Blackmore

Old Bowler
I would like to congratulate Gail Torrens and Chris Batson and all the assistants on an excellent run two day training squad at Mt Gravatt last Saturday and Sunday. If you walked out of the bowl after two days of training and didn't learn anything about the game and how to improve your level you must be comotosed.
A special thanks to the Management and staff of AMF Mt Gravatt for a great effort especially on Sunday.
If all you aspiring Youth, Rachuig and Senior rep. bowlers want to improve your game this training squad is a must.

I would like to echo Kevins Praises of all concerned. I must admit to being very sceptical when first told of the program, but have changed my mind and
have become a convert. The entire 2 days was both enjoyable and educational, and a credit to Gail and Chris. I would like to add my thanks also
to Pat and Chris as worthy assistants, to Glen Rowlands from Qubica AMF,
and also Jason ( Manager AMF Mt Gravatt ) for their brilliant efforts .
Lawrie (Animal )

Now that you have let the secret out Kevin . I would have to agree,a special thanks to the assistants and their watchfull eyes . Karl,Kate and Shane for their demonstration and opportunity to bowl with . Columbia for the demo balls and the goodies! AMF and Jason . As for Gail "ill get the job done" Torrens and Chris "here's that 10%" Batson thank-you so much for your time .

Oops!!!! Senior Moment --- Also a big thanks to Carl Bottomley and Kate
Pilkington for giving up their weekend to add their knowledge and skills for our
benefit.
Animal

Great to see the past and present bowlers giving their time to help others. Great to see.
Cheers Lovey

It was a great weekend - thoroughly informative and enjoyable.

I agree a big thanks must go to Gail Torrens who puts so much time and effort into making sure Qld is always going forward and ensuring that all bowlers have access to valuable sport services.

Also a huge thanks to Chris Batson for his time - it was fantastic to see the National Coach making the time to attend our State Training Squad camp and I am sure everyone appreciated his straight talking - no nonsense approach :)

To Glenn - I am sure your sponsorship was greatly appreciated by everyone. We are very lucky to have you on board :)

Thanks to Pat Somerville and Chris Titheridge for their assistance on the lanes - additional coaches on hand always makes a difference and I am sure everyone appreciated having you both there.

Lastly, a massive thanks should go to Jason at AMF Mt Gravatt who always looks after us in all that he does. Without people like you - camps like this often stay just a pipe dream.

Oh and Carl - always a pleasure :D

Mrs Pilko

Back
Top Bottom