QLD Seniors NEWS FLASH

jimbo

NEWS FLASH from National Championships:

Rumours are abound at this years Senior Nationals that a well know QLD Senior bowler has suffered a complete mental breakdown and his reputation built over decades has been shattered. As I write this post I am in state of shock as are all other witnesses to this totally out of character event.

I am reluctant to name this individual until his next kin have informed of his outrageous and spontaneous action. However, I feel compelled to inform the wider bowling community and thereby pre warn them in case this event ever reoccurs in our life time.

The bowler concerned is MIKE SULLIVAN who to the best of our knowledge has only ever paid for a round of drinks once in the last 50 years.

Well believe it or not this very morning in a Gloria Jeans coffee shop in ACT, Mike not only shouted (totally unprompted) the 4 bowlers with him but other bowlers who where just passing by a coffee. This spontaneous act of generosity, which forced him to break a 10 pound note, which incidentally had attached to it the receipt for the last round he shouted (in early 1963). Although this act was greatly appreciated by the recipients, it has left us all deeply concerned for his mental state.

All of us are somewhat speechless (people who know me will find that hard to believe) however we all wish Mike a speedy recovery and are best wishes go out to his family at this trying time.

Jim, Brian, Jagger, Allan and Gary

I can also confirm this event. I arrived as the coffees were being consumed.
Michael had a fixated smile and a glazed look on his face. Did not notice any twiching or shaking.
However, to his defence, he nearly pulled a $20 note out of his wallet about 2 years ago, but the elastic band dragged it back just in time.

We all wish him a speedy recovery.

Davybaby.

Oh my.... :eek:
What are we going to do :confused: He won't know what to do with himself.
Must be all that great bowling that he is doing - he is overcome with excitement ;)
I send all my best wishes to my dad, recover soon.
Love You Everyday
Kristy

Thank you for the feed back James. Incidentally Ashmore management say they are missing you. They haven't had a 300 bowled all week.

the team co-ordinator missed out though :(.

He may just get benched, sick or not!!!;)

Wait until he gets home!! He never buys me a cup of Gloria Jeans coffee. There goes next weeks housekeeping money.
His partner (or could be his ex-partner)
Jeanette

In interests of safety, I hereby resign from ATBSOQ :surrender:

(Sorry Mike - I thought your arms were way too short for your pockets ;))

Back
Top Bottom