BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
In breaking news just to hand multiple Rachuig champion, national all-star and sportsperson (Geoff Ott) and current Queensland Rachuig team member (Rob Buckley) are said to be devastated after an incident during the Thursday night late league at Kirwan Bowl tonight.

A confidential source has informed Total Bowling that Ott - 555 and Buckley - 555 were soundly beaten by Ott's 14 year old daughter Gena who recorded her personal best game of 247 and first ever 600 series of 603.

During the height of competition Ott and Buckley were seen to make numerous ball and line changes (Buckley was also seen to try a number of different socks) but all to no avail.

When asked for comment as to her performance Gena OTT was heard to remark "I knew I had Dad covered as he is pretty old, but I would have thought Buckley being a current Rachuig bowler would have been a bigger challenge - I guess that's what happens when you have shoulders like a black snake!!"

And in a further twist on a drama filled night, Buckley for the 3rd time in his career was seen to leave the 5,7,10 or dreaded Christmas tree, it is unknown what ball he was using, however "Joe" the technician believes it may have been an aggressive Columbia ball.

When asked for comment Buckley was too distraught and deferred to manager/wife Kirsty who provided the following statement " At this point in time Rob is assessing where his bowing career is at, he feels he still has something to offer the game but feels the younger, straighter bowlers may be passing him by. Rob may need to start attending gym to develop some shoulder muscles, but only time will".

Geoff Ott issued a firm "No Comment" before relenting and issuing the following statement" I'm extremely proud of my daughter, and let's face it it could have been worse at least I didn't leave the Christmas Tree!!"

Team captain Steve "Tubby" Hunt could not be located for a comment, although a witness has reported hearing raucous laughter coming from the mens restroom and believes this may have been Hunt trying to hide his humour towards the unfortunate incidents that had befallen his team mates.

Further developments as they come to hand.

Attached is a photo of the alleged Christmas Tree incident.

Attachments

• Christmas Tree.jpg
    Christmas Tree.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 146
Good to see somethings never change in NQ, well done to my distant god daughter Gena, it was only a matter of time!

The photo is quite damaging, even from that angle it can be quite clearly seen that it IS in fact a Christmas Tree leave and it IS in fact Buckley! I assume forensics, at this moment, are verifying authenticity. Though it does not look promising for those concerned.

Another great article from Shadows Fall! Made my Friday morning. Thanks.

And well bowled Gena, congrats on the fine bowling and win.

Please photo shop that picture please and take out the Virtual Gravity.... clearly he left it with a rival brand and had to go to Storm to try and spare it.... still doesnt look good though

Hmm, I call foul - we were on 5/6, that photo is from lane 16, and the ball is clearly NOT a slate U-Dot. Bad rack Ido.

Never heard it called a Christmas tree before... Down south we call it a sour apple... Don't ask why or how coz I don't know...

yes,yes,yes ,well bowled genna, hmm well in defence of lucky robbie he did cross at least 5 boards ,still embarrasing, but was funny in league,when all the camera phones started clicking, my self personly i just cant understand with super reactive gear how u do that,i guess il never know,

Never heard it called a Christmas tree before... Down south we call it a sour apple... Don't ask why or how coz I don't know...

We call it many things down here...

Best one is "Throw your handbag at it, it'd hit harder... Soft****" :D

Hmm, I call foul - we were on 5/6, that photo is from lane 16, and the ball is clearly NOT a slate U-Dot. Bad rack Ido.
Robbie that photo shows you are on lane 18, how many pairs have you left the Christmas tree on?

Please photo shop that picture please and take out the Virtual Gravity.... clearly he left it with a rival brand and had to go to Storm to try and spare it.... still doesnt look good though

Actually I think it was the wrist position that has been photo shopped LOL!

Back
Top Bottom