Previous Sports?

use to play Footy and cricket for the Doggys down here in sa.. untill i had no time for them... and plus i was wicket keeping and got a black eye... also use to play snooker/8-ball/9-ball.... use to be 2nd in the state for snooker.... gave those up due to bowlin and skool.... thats about all

Ashley

rubgy leagaue i waas playing for about 5 years then got into bowling quit and i am now just starting to get back into it with the bathurst panthers but bowling is no 1 :D

Rugby Union with Findon High School. Aussie Rules with Campbelltown Magill United. "A" grade Table Tennis for the Hungarian Club in Norwood.

This takes me back lol...
I did dancing from God knows when til I was about 5
I started up in gymnastics sometime there as well
I then did Marching...had to choose either Marching or gymnastics, stuck with Marching and did that for like ever...
I gave that up and played Tennis and Lawn Bowls. Also played Softball at this time as well...
Gave up on Softball when I got to High School. Lawn Bowls was gone soon after.
When I found Bowling is when I gave up on Tennis.
Went back to Lawn Bowls for a term at school...got banned, apparently I was bowling it too fast...

ok here we go... Comming from gippsland where there is nothing other than sports to do, I kinda played alot of sports. Now im fat... so I don't bother :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Football: Been playing since I was 4. Won 2 premierships in the AFL- Alberton Football League. Started playing seniors at 16 and did both my ankles, broke all my fingers in my left hand, and everything but my thumb on my right hand.

Basketball: 4 seasons of basketball- 2winter, 2summer, won 2 premierships, lost 1. (and got fouled out in the losing one within the first half)

badminton: played 2 seasons, won 1 title/premiership (or wtf they call it in badminton. Played in the state champs once, getting to the finals in Mixed doubles (the chick carried me of course)

tennis: 2 seasons, first one was a shocker, 2nd one the team won it, but I had to leave the week before the grand final as that is when I moved to melbourne

volleyball: 6 seasons: won 3 titles, gave up cus now i can't jump.

cricket: 6 seasons: 3 seasons in melbourne (1 season in yth, 2 in adult), 3 in gippsland. Hit the winning runs (comming in at 8 ) of the grand final in my first year.

I think thats about it, but if i remember any more I will post again.

Yeah Gippsland does that to you doesn't it! I managed to waste my time with a lot of music mostly, but i had a bit of a run with some other sports:

Hockey - This sport was once my great love, until i got older and unfit towards the end of school. In the junior team in year 9, a shock inclusion in the senior team in year 10. By year 11 i was still a reliable half with a bit of dash. By year 12, i was down to making 10 minute cameos off the bench before i was spent. Ah for the fitness of youth again!

Soccer - Only a brief fling, played in the school team in year 10 for a little while.

Squash - Played for about 5 or 6 years. Made my way up to A grade eventually, but realised it is was a big jump from B to A grades.

Racquetball - Same venue, same players, yet not as fun for me as squash. Didn't end up winning much at all playing craply in C and B grades.

Basketball - Played about 5 seasons, but had to pull out during 5th season because of bowling. Ended up playing in two losing grand finals, one in which i had a shot to level the game with 3 seconds to go. And i missed!

Motor racing - Still do this a little, but not as much anymore due to uni and work. Racing mostly on dirt down in Boisdale, which hosts rounds of the Victorian Hillclimb series and Victorian Autocross series. Got a second place when these boys were in town last, so i'll take that! Used to race a bit around Victoria too, at Sandown and the best track of all, Phillip Island!

Lawn Bowls - My dad got me into this late last year, and i've gotta say, i love it! Not as much as tenpin bowling, but it sure is an awesome game.

That's about all for now.

well i did dancing from i dont know wen til i was bout ten
i also did gymnastics for a bit

and ive done hockey and indoor cricket for little bits as well

i also played volleyball and european hand ball for a bit at school

been bowling since i was 9

I played Rugby League in School (second Row)

Also played Cricket untill a few years ago (decided not to risk broken fingers, then broke my right ring finger doing guess what.... bowling)

have and still play tennis for fitness training, which is quite good and I recomend that as good conditioning training, great for endurance...

Also play golf when I feel my life isn't stressfull enough....

Tenpin Bowling was my 1st sport as I started when I was 5.

In those 12 years I've played Netball from grade 1 until year 10, thats 10 years and I'm thinking about starting up again.

I started tae kwon-do when I was 8-9ish til just before my 16th birthday- thats about 7-8 years. Got to Black belt in my 4th year and have competed at all levels from white to black belt in numerous Victorian and Australian Titles...
I stopped early last year as the thought of getting too hurt was something I didnt want to risk because my Tenpin Bowling was really starting to shoot up last year.

I've also tried my hand at girls football, but the risk factor stated above applied here aswell.. and I did dance at school for 2 1/2 years but realised that i wasnt that co-ordinated!

I played cricket for many years, taking out the regional awards in 2001/02 for best bowling average (6.8 runs per wicket conceeded), best figures and a senior hat trick (all bowled middle stump :D ). I was an opening fast/medium swing bowler. I stopped playing because I got knocked out at training in the nets - get this - whilst bowling, not batting... A first grade batsman smashed the ball on the rise from a fast bowler flat and hard, and my "teammates" ducked in front of me, and the ball hit me flush on the left temple, taking the full impact. I got taken to hospital, had the full CT-scans, etc. The club refused to pay the medical bills even though I was insured (amounting to hundreds of dollars), and as a result I was dropped from the club. Due to contract requirements I was not allowed to represent any other club in the current season, which ended the season for me without any personal choice or say. Up the creek without a paddle. I never went back, and instead took up warehouse cricket, because that is the only cricket that I was legally allowed to play in the region that season.

When i was 6 and 7 I did little athletics. :? :oops: Have done a bit of cricket, softball, soccer and tennis. Play golf occasionally. Mainly bowling, though.

Well I did swimming for about 5 years, also did hockey, ballroom dancing, ballet, the usual school sports netball, volleyball, softball, soccer, cricket.

I'd have to say the most odd sport i did do was Roller Skating. I did that competitively for about 7 years and even made it to the WA state team. Also tried speed skating (roller skating)

Oh and there was also Trapeze.... like in the circus. I did two courses of that

been bowling for 16 years, since i was 3, only got serious about 6 years ago.

But during that i played basketball for woodvale wallabies when i was 7 for about 2 years, played football during primary and high school for my schools, played rugby league and union for high school, baseball for primary school err soccer (i hate soccer, so gay) and cricket.

but now i only bowl once a week, and play some street basketball after a few too many beers on a monday night, hilarious stuff, especially when its in the dark

Later

I tried all sorts of sports in my younger years - Cricket, Soccer, Softball etc etc, but was never any good at any of them.

Then I figured what I was doing wrong - in all those sports (and most of the sports mentioned above) everybody chases the ball around the field/court/course for the entire game. In bowling, the ball comes back to me automatically, so I don't have to follow it around all day.

I must try out throwing a boomerang at some point, those things are supposed to come back as well.

David.

Started Bowling at age of 5.
Played Football for 6 yrs 2 premierships.
Athletics since i was 5 still running now and in the VIS have 5 first place's in 110 hurdles and Victorian record and been to the National Championships aswell best is 3rd.
Tennis Since i was 9 played 16 seasons 6 winter, 6 summer 4 in Seniors 2 winter and 2 in summer and 8 premierships 4 runners up.
Played Soccer for School, Baseball for a Season, Mixed Netball in Grade 5 state champs.
Cricket since age of 9 2 premierships 1 in under 14's not out 75 in the final hit winning runs and the other in seniors couldn't be bothered playing after under 16's, Then Played Field Hockey Since Yr 7 joined a club in yr 8 still playing now 3 Grand Finals Lost them all umpired in 4 grand finals and in seniors in the 3rd's and in and out of the 2nd's. Made the State Indoor team under 21's last yr won the National Title and made the Australian Indoor Team and Competed in the World Cup of Indoor last yr didn't even get to go away cause it was donw hear in Australia In Brisbane
Damn thats the most i have written in ages.
I thinks thats all.

Chris

i played rugby league for school. i was ok at it too i captained our side to second place in a gala day. i played either lock or 5/8. i knocked a guy out once, his head hit the ground when i tackled him. he was out for about 2 mins and didnt know where he was for about half hour when he woke up. haha. nice bloke though, told me no hard feelings when he realised what happend.

I reckon if Boomerang throwing was actually a sport, Id give it a go, although, the last time I did throw one, I nearly killed the instructor! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom