Points for a new team..

alexnjudy

TotalBowler
Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding TBA rules on a new team joining a sanctioned league. Let's say a league states all TBA rules applies to their league. What is the ruling on a new team joining that league? Do they get the minimum points, equal points as the bottom team or they get zero points? I have always thought a new team in a sanction league automatically gets the minimum points but that is not the case it seems. That ruling only applies to a REPLACEMENT team. So what is the difference?
Thanks,
Alex

Last season, maybe even the one prior, we had a team join our league a little bit over half way through. This particular league had, at the time, around 14-15 teams, and it runs for approx. 46 weeks every year. (bloody long season!!). The team that joined the league late were given the same amount of points as the team in last place at the that they joined & then from there on, they accumulated whatever points they earnt for the rest of the season.

Hope that helps, that was only for our league, I guess it depends on the league rules, the league comittee, and probably most of all the rest of the teams in the league. From memory, I do believe we held a tema captain's meeting where all the team captains from each team in the league were asked to vote on wether on not they should let the extra team join. In our case, because we had an odd number of teams in the league, an extra team got rid of the dreaded "bye".

Try rule 319 TBA rule book:
Replacement Teams
A team that enters the competiton after the season is in progress shall assume a position equal to the team at the bottom of the table

Doug

Replacement Teams
A team that enters the competiton after the season is in progress shall assume a position equal to the team at the bottom of the table
Doug
I agree with Doug -- even though the title is "Replacements teams" it clearly states "A team that enters the competition after the season has started" -- therefore they get bottom points

My Boyfriend and l have joined two late leagues, one we joined late, and once that finished, we were suggested to join another, which we also started late.

I'm pretty sure we started with 0 points, but we ended up coming third overall in the first league, and we are currently coming third in the one we are in now. We might not have started with 0, but we weren't told we'd get any points to begin with.

Replacement Teams
A team that enters the competiton after the season is in progress shall assume a position equal to the team at the bottom of the table.

Correct....

Correct....
Does that mean Pinkgl0w and her boyfriend's team got ripped off ? I understand some leagues do have their own constitution and rules of play and they can do what they like but if the constitution says ALL TBA rules applies to that league, i reckon they have to be fair to the new team and help them by giving minimum points. Imagine joining a league after the sixth week and getting zero points... why bother :rolleyes:
TBA's answer to this question. The standard ruling of TBA to every league that comes under them is equal points as the bottom team.
Anyone else got zero points when they joined their league? :p
Alex

Does that mean Pinkgl0w and her boyfriend's team got ripped off ? I understand some leagues do have their own constitution and rules of play and they can do what they like but if the constitution says ALL TBA rules applies to that league, i reckon they have to be fair to the new team and help them by giving minimum points. Imagine joining a league after the sixth week and getting zero points... why bother :rolleyes:
TBA's answer to this question. The standard ruling of TBA to every league that comes under them is equal points as the bottom team.
Anyone else got zero points when they joined their league? :p
Alex

well alex I bowled in league on thursday night at Forest Hill called the Highrollers League we started in the 6th week and finshed 2nd now from memory we did finish 2nd in the league and gave 1st a good run for the League Champs but it didn't happen so if we did start in the first week we probaly would of won but atleast had a challenge. In the team was Natalie O'Connor, Greame O'Connor, Peter Doyle and Myself. But it was afun season..

As to your question Alex the team joining the league should start on the same points as the bottom team..

Chris

Teams that have joined late in my leagues have always started with equal last points. My leagues also dont let new teams join in the last round or head to head, not sure if thats a rule too?

Alex, l asked my boyfriend today and we started the 2nd league only a few weeks into the comp, so l think they started us with 0, l don't mind, we are coming third :)

well alex I bowled in league on thursday night at Forest Hill called the Highrollers League we started in the 6th week and finshed 2nd now from memory we did finish 2nd in the league and gave 1st a good run for the League Champs but it didn't happen so if we did start in the first week we probaly would of won but atleast had a challenge. In the team was Natalie O'Connor, Greame O'Connor, Peter Doyle and Myself. But it was afun season..
As to your question Alex the team joining the league should start on the same points as the bottom team..
Chris
That's because you were in a very good team Chris ;) But i also know few teams struggle to keep up with the rest and they tend to give up halfway the competition.
PinkglOw, I still think your team got done but your attitude towards our game is just great.
Alex

Back
Top Bottom