Please Explain?????

I am just looking for some justification in regards to rules and regulations. On the weekend that just passed I participated in a tournament, Firstly I would like to say that the lane conditions were great and the tournament was a success, unfortunately inconsistency was the key to my poor perfomance.

I am not here to complain about how i didn't qualify just about how a tournament can be scared by a blind eye towards rules that were clearly brought upon bowlers attention before each squad. In the briefing they said that the bowlers are to abide by the "Bowlers Code Of Conduct" I heard that one bowler was swearing quite a bit and even went as far as kicking centre property surely this act of anger should recieve at the least a verbal warning but no it was not even looked upon by the tournament director.

Another example would be of another bowler who consistently abused the "Bowlers Code Of Conduct" in the fact that the language coming out of their mouth was absolutely repugnant. In my opinon this person was not seen to, because they were of higher popularity among the bowling community, so where is the fairness towards the other participants in the tournament?

And my final question is...... Let's just say you leave the 4,5,7,8 and the spotter has picked the 5 pin up incorrectly and placed it a couple of inches from the original spot, can you ask for the 5 pin to be re-spotted. As one bowler did. I seen and heard this myself, to my understanding that this could NOT happen. I voiced my opinon and was bluntly ignored.

For those people who bowled in the tournament i am not bitching and not in any way trying to make enemies, just putting my 2cents in and probably the cowardly way.

But if you are going to hold a tournament stick to and know the RULES or it will only benefit a minority of bowlers.

Quote:
"And my final question is...... Let's just say you leave the 4,5,7,8 and the spotter has picked the 5 pin up incorrectly and placed it a couple of inches from the original spot, can you ask for the 5 pin to be re-spotted."

Yes you can. Pins moved off the original spot BY THE PINSETTER can be replaced in the original position. That is what happened, and I exercised my right to have the five pin replaced.
Then I missed it anyway. :( My spare shooting really sucked today.

Sorry Robbie you are correct, i have never seen this before and opened my mouth in haste without referring to the rule book. HOW STUPID DO I LOOK NOW :?

Frank - in regard to your other points; did you bring the matter to the attention of the tournament director in the form of a complaint? That is what they are there for. If you did, and it was not acted upon, then you have valid grounds for complaint, if not you don't, IMHO. (And if it was me, tell me :) )

Please explain

Hi, the bowler concerned was given two verbal warnings by one of the staff members, and didn't offend again, I did not have any cause to issue any more warnings to any other bowlers, yesterday or to day, on the whole I thought everyone conducted themselves very well.
Judy Hunt :) :eek: :idea:

Frankie,

I can appreciate where you are coming from in regards to the Code of Conduct, as an angry teletubby is a very scary sight.

Seriously though, in reference to what happened on Saturday. After about 7 games I had more chops than an axeman at a woodchopping competition, and in an act of sheer frustration I yelled out a very bad word. As a result the moment I walked off the approach I was given an official warning by a staff member.

Then in game 11 I bowled a 150 which put me in a very fragile position as far as the cut was concerned, and yet again frustration got the better of me and I tried to do a bit of remodelling to the control counter. I was then spoken to (quite severely I might add) by 2 staff members. They did not issue me with a yellow card, but I was of the opinion after what they said that another indiscretion would see me red carded and on my way home.

There is no excuse for what I did on Saturday, while they weren't major things I was definately in the wrong and deserved what I got. In the past there has been time where by bowlers should have been disciplined and have not, but this time I can assure you that bowl staff (one of which was my mum) carried through on the Code of Conduct and then gave me another fair old serve after I had finished bowling.

I was really dissapointed in myself especially as there were so many juniors bowling, and it just doesn't look good. Next time I just have to count to ten take a deep breath and start again.

:) :) :)

Steve i wasn't really directing the brunt of my post towards you, i was more angry in the fact that i had to follow otty all day. Who couldn't keep his mouth shut, but i guess what should i expect, when every tournament he plays in he is quite vocal. I wasn't to happy when he directed some of his anger at me under his breath.

But i shouldn't judge considering my awesome track record of verbal pin abuse :D

Frankie,

You're dead right about Otty, he has some serious anger management problems. In fact during Saturday I thought he was going to quite literally explode. I think he needs a good diet, a bit of excercise and an attitude adjustment and he would be fine. He has forgotten about the fun part of bowling - fun = relaxed = better bowling.

Anyway onto more important things, what time do the skins start on Saturday, and can we pay on arrival or do we have to send our money down before ?? I will be there with bells on, as it sounds like a heap of fun.

See Ya on the 16th

Steve

Steve the skins start at 7pm and the cost is $80 and you can pay when you get to the bowl, and save some money for drinkin, cause if it is anything like the last one it's gonna be pretty big.

Back
Top Bottom