Pinpoint - A Game of Skill and Imagination

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
Hi Folks,

Here is a game that Peter Somoff from Storm Bowling showed me while in Canberra. He used to play it for pot games while playing on the PBA Tour. I played it with about a half dozen guys watching while he scored and everyone wanted a score sheet, so I told them I'd draw one up and post it on Totalbowling.

This is harder than regular bowling and great fun! It's called Pinpoint.

THE RULES - You have 10 frames in which to knock over the number of pins marked in large letters at the top of each frame. For example, a strike in the first frame, then 9 in two balls in the next frame. If you get the required number on the first ball, you do not need to bowl again in that frame. If successful, you circle the score in small numbers at the bottom of the frame. If not, sorry, it's zero. Add the circled scores up at the end of 10 frames to get your score. 300 is perfect, but 200 is awesome enough.

Check out the score sheet and it will make more sense. By the way, 200 is a really good score in this game. My thanks to Peter for sharing this with us.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jason

Attachments

• Pinpoint.pdf
    309.1 KB · Views: 168
Never heard of this one, took a few minutes to get the grey matter to sort it out. The game get harder into the later frames and requires more accuracy.
I like it

Jason,
You forgot to mention that you only get one shot in the first and last frames, and that if you throw a gutter ball on your first shot in any other frame, you don't get a second ball. At least that's how I remember it. You may want to confirm with Peter.

Cheers
Jan

Sounds like it's a good accuracy exercise.The only other game even remotely like it that I know of is the 7-10 one- some people call it Corner Sharpshooter. Trying to take the seven pin and the tenpin out alone in every frame. Gutterball= strike, and the lowest score wins.

Sounds like it's a good accuracy exercise.The only other game even remotely like it that I know of is the 7-10 one- some people call it Corner Sharpshooter. Trying to take the seven pin and the tenpin out alone in every frame. Gutterball= strike, and the lowest score wins.

Yes, I have never actually got a perfect score with that sharpshooter game

My lowest (best score) is 21:cool:

Might have a go at this pinpoint exercise soon

Jason,
You forgot to mention that you only get one shot in the first and last frames, and that if you throw a gutter ball on your first shot in any other frame, you don't get a second ball. At least that's how I remember it. You may want to confirm with Peter.
Cheers
Jan
Ah, good point Jan.

Peter didn't mention the one shot rule for the last frame, but it makes sense. I figured people would get the idea of one shot for a strike, but thanks for clarifying it!

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom