peter brock

double_d

this is crazy i just heard reports on radio that peter brock just died in a targa race in west australia
this is getting out of hand
unconfirmed reports
daniel

MOTOR racing champion driver Peter Brock is reported to have died in a racing accident in Western Australia, according to Sky News.

It is understood the crash occurred while Brock was taking part in the Targa West rally in Western Australia.

The circumstances of the accident remain unclear but it is understood his car hit a tree.

The Targa West takes place over four days and is divided into two categories, competition and challenge, the latter catering for relatively standard specification road cars.

It's understood the crash occurred while Brock was taking part in the Targa West rally in Western Australia.

The rally began in Perth yesterday.

i just starting to watch some stuff on ebay and a signed picture of his 97 commodore went from $1650 to $4550 in ten minutes
i hope it gets pulled off sale
started at $40 at 255 sarvo
daniel

Brock killed, rally tragedy

Brock killed, rally tragedy
By staff writers
September 08, 2006

MOTOR sports legend Peter Brock has reportedly been killed in an accident in Western Australia.

Motor sports confirmed Brock's death this afternoon from Perth.

It's understood the crash occurred while Brock was taking part in the Targa West rally in Western Australia.

Brock, 61, was driving with Mick Hone in a Daytona Coupe.

The circumstances of the accident remain unclear.

The Targa West takes place over four days and is divided into two categories, competition and challenge, the latter catering for relatively standard specification road cars.

Brock, from Melbourne, was married with three children.

In a stellar career, he became Australia's best known motor sports personality and a dominant figure in the sport.

Absolutely tragic news. Another well loved and respected Australian icon lost in such heartbreaking circumstances. This has been a devastating past few days for Australia. For those who know or have met Peter Brock, they would be well aware of what a wonderful and charitable man he was who spent much of his time raising money for charity, meeting fans, and signing autographs for hours on end wherever he was. He will be sadly missed.

Rest In Peace Peter. You were a true Bathurst Legend. Motor Racing will never be the same without you.....

i met him at the summernats 3 years ago and waited in line for over an hour to get a picture and him to sign a holden flag for me
he must of been there for over 2 hours every day
daniel

Staff reporters
September 8, 2006 - 3:46PM

Advertisement
AdvertisementRacing car driver Peter Brock has been killed in a car accident in Western Australia, according to reports.

It's understood Brock ran into a tree while taking part in the Targa West rally in Western Australia.

Brock, 61, was driving with Mick Hone in a Daytona Coupe.

Co-driver Hone was taken to hospital where he is in a stable condition.

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) this afternoon confirmed it would be conducting a full investigation into the incident.

"In the meantime, CAMS and event officials are working with the relevant civil authorities," CAMS said in a statement.

"On behalf of the motor sport community, CAMS offers its sincere sympathy to Peter's family and many friends."

CAMS president Colin Osborne will be making a further
statement in Adelaide shortly.

Brock, from Melbourne, was married with three children.

He won nine Bathurst 1000 events, including six wins in seven years between 1978-1984

During his long association with Holden racing, he also had nine victories at the Sandown Endurance Classic and was a three-time Australian Touring Car champion.

After more than three decades of professional racing, he retired from full-time driving in 1997 but jumped back behind the wheel for occasional stints at Bathurst.

He became a team owner of V8 touring car racing syndicate "Team Brock" for one season in 2002.

A movie entitled King of the Mountain is in production, with singer Shannon Noll believed to be playing the lead character.

In a stellar career, he became Australia's best known motor sport personality and a dominant figure in the sport.

theage.com.au

Great guy, Another awesome aussie lost.

Wow we are just completely gob smacked

On Monday our children lost their idol and hero. Today we've just lost ours
Truly a sad, sad week.
Brad and Rachel

I remember as a very young girl dancing around the lounge room spruking "HOLDEN GOOD CAR, FORD REAL GARBAGE" and we would surely all remember rising to our feet and willing Pete home on his last laps.
Rachel

I cannot believe it. To Australian icons gone in one week. Brocky was a true legend of Australian sport.

another sad day for Australians, another hero lost. Peter Brock will forever be the King of the Mountain. R.I.P.

R.I.P Peter Brock, you were the reason why Holden became such an Australian icon, A gentleman off the track, utterly ruthless on the track.

I can't believe it. September 2006 will be remembered as one of the saddest times in Australian history.

RIP BROCKIE

As an avid motor racing fan I was stunned and devestated when I heard the news. I liken this moment when another of racings legends and my idol Ayrton Senna was killed. Absolutely heart wrenching, motor racing in this country will never be the same.

My condolences to his family.

Matt Lambrick

Sad Sad day in Australian motorsport

Long live 05 Sir Peter Brock

Back
Top Bottom