Orange Audi Open coverage

michelle.cook

Hi everyone.
My name is Michelle Cook (aka Cookie) and I'm the sports editor at the Central Western Daily in Orange, NSW.
The Orange Audi Open is on this weekend and I'm running a feature on the event as it is celebrating 25 years.
I want to run a few comments from people who have bowled in the event previously about what makes is so good and any highlights.
Please post a comment on this thread if you'd like to have yours included (please use your real name).
Good luck to everyone bowling in the Orange Audi Open and I look forward to seeing you all there.
Cheers
Cookie

Hi Michelle, it's the Hosts! And Aldo and Marisa are capital "H" Hosts! There is enthusiasm, love and pride in every event that they host. (They don't just "hold" or "run" events.)

I've been made to feel like family at Orange Tenpin Bowl since driving up in the rain, in my sister's car, on my L plates, in the late 1980's. How could I not come to play here?

Hi Michelle,
I have bowled in this tournament for so many years. I have found it one of the most enjoyable tournaments going around. The Belmonte family have always made me welcome. The people from Orange love the bowlers coming up to compete. I really don't bowl much any more but I always make time for this one. It will be great if Jason bowls because he is a great ambassador for our sport. Looking forward to catching up Michelle on the weekend.
Cheers Lovey (Steve Lovell)

Hey Cookie

The atmosphere in the Orange Tenpin Bowl is like that of no other around the country, everyone is very supportive and all have a real passion for the game which makes bowling there a pleasure. I cant wait for this year.

PS No side bets with Belmo this year

George Frilingos

Jason, George and Lovey,
Thanks for your replies. They're exactly what I was after.
I look forward to seeing you all this weekend and catching up.
Travel safely.
Cheers
Cookie

It is the one event of the year where you know the bowlers are going to be treated well and there will be great support from all for the event, the Belmonte's make sure of that. They have dedicate some much time and effort into the sport it is what puts this event above all others. I know I definitely would like to win it before I hang up my shoes just because of the great history and traditional the Orange Open has. It is locked into my calendar each year and one I always look forward to. Jarrod Lean

Hi Michelle,
I have competed in every Orange tournament since its inception and it remains the one tournament each year that I will not miss. Aldo, Marissa and the Belmonte family have become close friends over that time. The Orange Open is the most enjoyable and best value tournament of the year as evidenced by bowlers' loyalty and participation. Aldo and Marissa's focus has always been one of hospitality and maximum benefit for all bowlers and they have succeeded in promoting the sport of Tenpin Bowling and the beautiful town of Orange during those 25 years.
Regards, Tony Murray.

It's good to see that the older generation can master this new fangled technology. Iam younger than Lovey. I'm now off to the Physio. Tony M.

Thanks Jarrod and Tony.
I put George, Lovey and Jason's quotes in Thursday feature but I'll put yours in Saturday's edition with the Orange Audi Open preview.
Good luck and I'll see you on the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom