Back to Back baby

Go maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanly

The Top 5 have been decided!!!

Dragons
Bulldogs
Titans
Storm
Sea Eagles

Some vital games tomorrow to see who make up the last three teams!!
Who will it be??

Teams still in contention are:

Brisbane - Will be there just what position??
Eels - will take 7th or 8th.
Knights or Panthers??

What a year of football!!

Broncos have too much class from 1 to 17. As long as they continue their form, they'll win the premiership

Well there we have it!

The top 8:

DRAGONS
Bulldogs
Titans
Storm
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Knights
Eels

First round:
Storm vs Sea Eagles (last years final rematch)
Titans vs Broncos - Will be a great game!
Bulldogs vs Knights - Without Kimmorley can they win themselves a rest next week??
Dragons vs Eels (the rematch)

The two lowest ranked losers earn themselves a ticket directly through to the 2010 season.
While the top two winners earn themselves a week rest!

Who will it be??

What's Doust's problem with moving the match to the SFS? Is he afraid of money? The game and fans suffer not to mention the revenue that will be lost. They estimate 28,000 will miss out because of this decision. Dumb. Very, very dumb.

What if you were a Titans supporter?!?! Should they be told to play their home game against the Broncos at Suncorp??

The idea of winning the minor premiership (well top four - but I can say that this year, so I will!), is that you get the finals at your HOME GROUND!!

Why would anyone pass that advantage up?? 250k??!? pffft. The Dragons can raise that much in a pie drive, that's no incentive.
What would be DUMB is to pass up a 65% finals win rate to a 35% finals win rate for a measly 250k! That would be DUMB!!

Keep to your guns Mr Doust show the bully boys that the MIGHTY DRAGONS will not be pushed around! Our Premiership win this year of our choosing will do that! Well Done!

Makes perfect sense to play an all Queensland final at a ground that holds twice the number. Suncorp will be near on sold out.

Personally I think the players would much prefer to play in front of 40,000+ at a quality ground as opposed to 17,000 at a ground that's barely standing. Their own supporters are going to miss out because of this ridiculous decision and you seem to be happy about it. Another selfish Dragons supporter who thinks his club is bigger than the game. 250K is nothing to sneeze at. Home ground advantage means nothing these days.

From a Bronco's perspective sure! But from a Titans perspective?? I don't think so!

Quite Frankly you could have a stadium that holds the capacity of the SFS and Suncorp combined and there will still be Dragons supporters that will miss out!! That is the way it is when you have a club that has so many passionate supporters behind it!
I will ALWAYS be HAPPY about that, YES!
You should know that feeling as the only club that has more registered supporters than the Dragons is the Broncos.

Home ground advantage means nothing these days.

Hmmmm. Lets see!

Just taking into account the top 8:

Code:
Team         Home           Away
Dragons      10-2 (83%)     7-5 (58%)
Bulldogs     11-1 (91%)     7-5 (58%)
Titans       11-1 (91%)     5-7 (41%)
Storm         9-2 (81%)     5-7 (41%)
Sea Eagles    8-4 (66%)     6-6 (50%)
Broncos       8-4 (66%)     6-6 (50%)
Knights      10-2 (83%)     3-9 (25%)
Eels          7-4 (63%)     5-7 (41%)

Maybe for the Broncos the home ground may mean little (as there home record is only slightly better than their away record ;) :D), but for near all of the rest of the teams, the stats speak for themselves!!!

You're happy about your fellow supporters missing out? Well aren't you a selfish bastard? No wonder the Dragons have one of the most hated supporters in the competition.

I think Titans fans would agree with me if it means good revenue for the club and a chance for more of their fans to see their team play in a finals series where otherwise they wouldn't have that opportunity because of the lack of seats available at their home ground. It will allow at least 25,000 more through the gate. Suncorp has averaged nearly 36,000 this season. That's 10,000 more than Skilled holds and in a finals series they'll fill Suncorp.

I maintain home ground is no real advantage. If you're good enough you'll win no matter what groud you're at. If this were true the Eels wouldn't have copped the flogging they did and they were the form team going into that match. So what are you afraid of if you're so sure the Dragons are going to win the Grand Final? It shouldn't matter if you play in the middle of the Simpson Desert by your logic. What happened to your home ground advantage in round 24? You're not even selling out the pitiful stadiums known as Wollongong & Kogarah. Says a lot about the alleged biggest supporters group in the comp. The Dragons have averaged 15,298 this year. Embarrassing for the minor premiers.

Good luck in the finals Fitzy.

When you learn to read a reply, I will bother to reply to you. I have answered most of your recent dribble in a previous post. Please read!

Most Dragons supporters would be happy to miss out on tickets so the Dragons can have home ground advantage, its called sacrifice.

Go The Dragons.

hand bags at 12 paces
good to see you are arguing over 2nd place

Back to back come the sea eagles :)

Have to get past the Storm first Cam! ;) I can't see last year repeating, it will be a lot tougher this time.

Jase, all's good I've calmed down now ;)

If i had the wings of an eagle, if i had the arse of crowe
Id fly over melbourne tommorow and **** on the ****ers below :)

Atleast with the Broncos v Titans playing each other in the first round, that leaves the possibility of an all Queensland Grand Final.... as long as the Broncos win

Manly are looking shakey. Bulldogs better win or it's bye bye for 2009. Knights leading 6 nil 17th minute.

What a game!! I don't think I've ever seen a game a game which had 3 intercept tries. I hope the Titans get another crack... they would have beaten any other team tonight. It was only the class of the Broncos superstar backline and Dave Taylor that got them over the line. They'll be better for the run. Bruno Cullen needs to be shot for letting Taylor go to Souths. What an outrage!!

Back
Top Bottom