NRL 2009

Brett Stewart suspended till round 5 after being charge for sexual assault. Not good news for manly, he scores all their tries.

2 nights to go.....BRONCOS v COWBOYS!!

Wonder what inside information the NRL has on the incident to hand down such a harsh penalty to club and player??

What happened to being innocent until proven guilty??

At least there is one NSO out there willing to make hard decisions and to stick by the decisions made!!

Only time will tell.

P.S.
Adam, the only important game on Friday is the Dragons beating the Storm! ;)
:fingerscrossed:

Firstly...Go Manly

I feel that Brett Stewart shouldnt have been suspended pending further action. Lets face it, football is his job.

Would your own employer suspend you based on something that happened in your personal life??

Nethertheless, the doggies should hopefully be the start of Manly's back to back premierships.

with the brett stewart thing, what you have to realise is nrl have to keep there rules, look at the greg bird incident, yes different standards but they suspended him, if you look outside nrl perfect example is swimming the darcy incident, he said he did not do it and then months later said he did.

Police chanrge stewart after taking dna from both parties, so that says something happened, we will most likely never find out.

Finally after that rant all i can say is i hope Panthers smash the sharks and kick start what should be a interesting year

DNA results have come back as inconclusive. Understandably this does NOT CLEAR Brett Stewart though puts a different light on the situation and adds questions to the police charges. I understand we may never find out what happened, yes, but at this moment I think doubt is reasonable in this case.

Dragons for '09!!

You may have Benny and Big Dell, but Thursto and Matty Bowen will own all opposition this year. 1 night to go... COWBOYS for '09!!

What about Boyd?

When the Broncos beat Cowboys I will have more faith in the broncos seniors ability to beat the storm!! - jokes. If they don't beat the Broncs I'd be worried.

I'll compromise with you Adam, Dragons #1, Cowboys #2 with broncos and penrith fighting for wooden spoon. ;) *ducks under Poiters swinging arm*:D

Actually, interesting point brought up on Footy Show tonight, Russell Crowe threw out the idea of showcasing the State of Origin by having it at the end of Season. Prevents the 'artificial weakening' of the top teams mid year (Storm was noticably weakened last year during the Origin period, broncos routinly weakened for years). Also, quite rightly stated by Russ, it will build support throughout the year until the pinacle competition of the sport. As happens yearly there is a build up of supporters until the end of State of Origin, then a dull occurs until we have the lead up to the finals. Lastly, the form Origin teams can be picked from the form players of the season, and subsequently the Australian team can then be formed from the best of the best (best of State of Origin)

Interesting ideas and points put forward by Russell tonight and valid points that should be debated throughout the NRL establishment!

Any thoughts???

there is only 1 team that matters in the nrl and that team is the

dragons

and for all of the other teams take a number because when you meet us your numbers up and also get in line cause when the year is over dragons will be number 1 and the other well they just dont a mension. :thumbup::tongue4::roflmao::thmbup:

Actually there is a lot of teams that can win the comp, i know panthers wont, i hope they make top 8 this yr. As for dragons if they do win it is only because of ex broncos coach a s s hole bennent lol

What a start to the nrl, both games decided bye 1 point, feel sorry for Hornby but his own fualt, brisbane missed 3 conversions so they should of won by more, i hope the rest of the weeknd keeps the closeness as it will make it hard to work out winners each week lol

Is there anybody in Rugby League today that drops the ball more and gives away more penalties then Carl Webb?? He handed the game to the Broncos on a silver platter. Send him to Manly!!

Oh and bad luck to the Dragons too. Both teams will bounce back!!

Is there any team in the NRL, that will do something completely and utterly STUPID at the most inconvenient moment during the game and hand over the win to the opposition, as St George Illawarra??

Yeah fingers crossed Adam. There are still 25 Rounds remaining! ;)

At least it was a really good match to watch! I did not see the Broncos Cowboys match. Was it at least a good match??

Roosters for wooden spoon. Rabbitohs top 4 finishers with Broncos, Manly, Cowboys.

dragons play the titans on the gold coast this week and the dragons should get up as they play really well up there and it does'nt matter how good the titans are going because the dragons seem to beat them most of the time so i say dragons will win by 8.

GO DRAGONS :p

Back
Top Bottom