NRL 2009

The rot set in before SoO. This is the worst run since 99. Something is definitely amiss. The players don't look interested. There's no communication. No heart! The last 20 minutes was more due to the Titans taking their foot off our throats rather than us getting it together. They should've put 50+ on us. Pussies! ;)

I tipped the Titans by 28. A GF appearance wouldn't surprise me. Dragons will be the ones to beat.

WOW I hear the ROOSTERS have discovered finaly a way to win games of NRL , Ive been told by a reliable source that instead of having a FLUID INTAKE OF WATER THEY ARE CHANGING TO THE NEW CHAMPAGNE PINK CRUISER ,i hope they have a few left over for mckay tenpin this weekend

Gotta get past the Dragons to do that mate and I don't think your mob are good enough. :p

two words mate
Brett Stewart

The Prince of Brookvale will be back in 3 weeks ready to hand another smashing to the Purple Scum from Melbourne :D

Ah so you ARE a one man team huh?

He's not gonna be enough Cam. Dragons have the greatest coach on the planet and ample cattle to get the job done.

As for the purple scum....I hope you do the same to them as you did in last years grand final.

The Cowboys are the only team in the comp that can break the defence of the Dragons. Manly were lucky they won against the Sharks.....!! If the Cowboys don't make the 8, Dragons can't be beaten or should I say wont be beaten

So whats next for the Broncos?? I think Henjak is as much to blame as the players. They are all overpaid punks with major attitude problems. Steve Micheals should have been dropped a month ago, the fowards need a good kick in the arse and they need to find a way to get Hodges into the game. Put him at fullback or five eighth and move Lockyer to half back. I feel embarrased to have these jokes represent my great home town. Past players need to put these blokes in their place. Thank God I'm a cowboys fan!!!!!!!!!!

I have only one thing to say GO NORTH QLD COWBOYS!

What a great result last week against the Titans and I couldn't be any more proud of them!

I feel embarrased to have these jokes represent my great home town.

Odd. We felt the same way about the Cowboys for many seasons. We've been the most successful team for a long time. We're entitled to a bad season. When your team has been in the finals as often as we have and have won 6 premierships in the same amount of time, then you can criticise.

Odd. We felt the same way about the Cowboys for many seasons. We've been the most successful team for a long time. We're entitled to a bad season. When your team has been in the finals as often as we have and have won 6 premierships in the same amount of time, then you can criticise.

They got flogged. It happens to every team. But they didn't even try. Their attitude was appauling and it came to the point they couldn't even look eachother in the eye. They just gave up. To use a line from Gus... NO no NO NO no!!!!

And again, I say, "we're entitled to a bad season". I think we've earned that right. You based your comments on one match. Hardly a fair assessment. But to call the Broncos an embarrassment is ridiculous. Broncos have represented Queensland admirably over the years in Australian rugby league.

And again, I say, "we're entitled to a bad season". I think we've earned that right. You based your comments on one match. Hardly a fair assessment. But to call the Broncos an embarrassment is ridiculous. Broncos have represented Queensland admirably over the years in Australian rugby league.

Peter I based my comments on a number of matches in which they had 40 plus points scored against them. While I'm a Cowboys fan I do follow the Broncos aswell, their attitude over the past several weeks has been an embarrassment you can't deny that. What I saw against Penrith was great to see and while they did leak 24 points in the first half, if they play the way they did in the second half they'll beat any team on any day and if their attitude is what it was against Penrith this Friday night, they'll beat the Dragons too.

Rather than base your comments on a number of games, why not base them on a number of seasons? I reiterate, "we're entitled to a bad season." Regardless of attitude. However, seeing as you want to make that your focal point, let's go there. Where was the Cowboys attitude last season? 13 straight losses where they had 40+ put on them. A captain that sleeps with his team mates wives and girlfriends. Where were the attitudes then? We've never had a season as bad as the Cowboys have had and neither will this season be. And let me remind you, the team you deem as an embarrassment beat your mob earlier this year.

What I saw against Penrith was a joke. The only reason we scored so many points in the second 40 was because Penrith gave up. The Broncos didn't beat Penrith. Halftime and Penrith beat Penrith. I can assure, the Dragons will not be laying down the way the Panthers did.

Rather than base your comments on a number of games, why not base them on a number of seasons? I reiterate, "we're entitled to a bad season." Regardless of attitude. However, seeing as you want to make that your focal point, let's go there. Where was the Cowboys attitude last season? 13 straight losses where they had 40+ put on them. A captain that sleeps with his team mates wives and girlfriends. Where were the attitudes then? We've never had a season as bad as the Cowboys have had and neither will this season be. And let me remind you, the team you deem as an embarrassment beat your mob earlier this year.

We had 11 of our regular first graders out last year including our captain. We had players playing first grade who weren't ready and if you have a look at all of our results from last year, very rarely did we lose by many!! If you look back in 2007 throughout the entire finals series we lost all of our foward pack due to injury, the played with the most inexperienced forward pack in the 100 year history of finals football, yet we still managed to man up and make the preliminary final. We made the Semis in 2004 when nobody gave us a chance of even making the top 8, that year we knocked out the Broncos. In 2005 we made the Grand Final when nobody thought we could. The Broncos have always been successful because when they came in the comp in 88', they managed to sign all the Queensland greats from the NSWRL, when the Cowboys came in the signed a lot of local talent so it was always going to take a few years for us to establish ourselves as title contenders. AND not once this season has the Cowboys given up 40 points when most other clubs have.

3 finals appearances in their entire time in the comp. There's something to be proud of. Took the Cowboys 10 years to make their first finals series in a final 8 system within a league that only has 16 teams and you've got the hide to bag the Broncos because of a few bad games? Give me a break. Have we ever had 60 put on us? No. Can you say the same? No!

Don't give me this injury crap. We've had plenty ourselves this season. Wow, your first season you haven't had 40 put on you.....yet. Hardly a reason to get on your high horse. As for premiership contenders......you've never been considered as such. You weren't expected to win the one grand final you were in and true to form, you didn't disappoint.

If there is an embarrassment to Queensland rugby league, it's the Cowboys.

3 finals appearances in their entire time in the comp. There's something to be proud of. Took the Cowboys 10 years to make their first finals series in a final 8 system within a league that only has 16 teams and you've got the hide to bag the Broncos because of a few bad games? Give me a break. Have we ever had 60 put on us? No. Can you say the same? No!

Don't give me this injury crap. We've had plenty ourselves this season. Wow, your first season you haven't had 40 put on you.....yet. Hardly a reason to get on your high horse. As for premiership contenders......you've never been considered as such. You weren't expected to win the one grand final you were in and true to form, you didn't disappoint.

If there is an embarrassment to Queensland rugby league, it's the Cowboys.

The eels put 60 on the Broncos in 2007... remember that?? We were premiership favourates early part of 2006, one of the top contenders in 2005 best part of 2007.... looking foward to the the Broncos v Cowboys game coming up. We both have all our players, you get folou back... no excuses for you boys this year

The eels put 60 on the Broncos in 2007... remember that?? We were premiership favourates early part of 2006, one of the top contenders in 2005 best part of 2007.... looking foward to the the Broncos v Cowboys game coming up. We both have all our players, you get folou back... no excuses for you boys this year

Ah yes. I did miss that. My apologies, but at the same time, it only happened once as opposed to 6 or 7 times for the Cowboys. The whole point is you labelled us an embarrassment. Coming from a Cowboys supporter that's an absolute joke. Your 2008 season....5 wins, 21 losses. And we're the embarrassment? We have never had a season that atrocious.

Don't get me started on Falou. A waste of money.

Don't get me started on Falou. A waste of money.

Maybe... do you think Joel Clinton, Ben Te'o and Ashton Sims are a waste of money too?? Were they worth losing Petro? How they could let Dave Taylor go is a joke. Letting Wayne Bennett go was rediculas and I bet they must feel pretty foolish seeing how good the "Brisbane Bulldogs" are going at the moment. It all starts at the top for the Broncos. Sack Bruno Cullen!!!

Maybe... do you think Joel Clinton, Ben Te'o and Ashton Sims are a waste of money too?? Were they worth losing Petro? How they could let Dave Taylor go is a joke. Letting Wayne Bennett go was rediculas and I bet they must feel pretty foolish seeing how good the "Brisbane Bulldogs" are going at the moment. It all starts at the top for the Broncos. Sack Bruno Cullen!!!

Falou was the last player we needed. Another outside back? Come on. We already had a potent backline without him. We need forwards. That's where all that money should have been spent. Te'o seems to be coming along nicely, but I'm not prepared to give an informed opinion on him yet. Sims, I still haven't forgiven for his massive blunder against Melbourne last year. Ironically he finished that game the way he started it. With a dropped ball. He's had a couple of good games just recently, but I can see why the Dragons turfed him. Clinton has been good for us this season and can't help but feel sorry for the man after the 50K fine he copped for taking a woman back to his room. He's a single man ffs. What are they thinking? That would make it hard to motivate himself for a club that used him as an example. The NRL really is in the toilet and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves. Losing players like Hannat, Innis, Eastwood hurt. And all so we can buy Falou and retain Khunt who, in the end, thumbed his nose at us. For what we've lost, yes I do believe they were a waste of money.

Wayne Bennett.....I knew we were losing him in 2006. After the news was leaked about him talking to the Roosters (I believe he leaked that news himself) and I've been preparing for it. There was nothing the club could've done to keep him. Henjak has been Bennetts assistant for something like 12 years. He must be given a chance to prove himself. It took Bennett 5 years to get our first premiership, he deserves the same consideration.

Back
Top Bottom