Not a good start to the new year

grumpie

I think most of you who have bowled Country Cup and Senior Shield would remember Joe "Ole Ole Ole" Scicluna.

His son Nigel was coming home from Lakes Entrance to help his parents shift. He was between Bairnsdale and Stratford on his motor bike when he was hit head on by a car coming the other way.

The driver of the other car was a NSW P plater with a car full of mates. They were returning home from Melbourne and had left early in the morning in order to get home in time that afternoon. The driver was tired and veered onto the other side of the road and subsequently hit Nigel. Sadly he died shortly after.

Both Gunther and I would just like to send our condolences to Joe and Monica. I know that Joe's brother Vic, wife Mary and son-in-law Steve Covino will be pretty shaken by this also. I couldn't even begin to understand what they must be going through.

It's a shame that with all the publicity now a days about cars packed with youths, speeding, loss of concentration, etc that the message is still not getting through.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom