NEWCASTLE CUP 2009

Hey Guys sorry for the delay we have been busy with our Championships, where Warren Burke Bowled a 300.. Well Done Wazza!!!

THIS TOURNAMENT IS DEFINITELY GOING AHEAD AS SCHEDULED

HERE IS AN UPDATED SQUAD LIST AS OF WED 25/2

A SQUAD
1 SALLY KELLY
2 WARREN BURKE
3 SCOTT LUTSCHINI
4 BRETT LARMAN
5 DAVE VILLIERS
6 CHRISTIAN PURDUE

Res 1

B Squad
1 JESS LAWRENCE
2 DAVID ROSSER
3 GRANT RYAN
4 SHAUN CUMMINGS
5 ADAM RYAN
6 COLLIN VILLIERS
7 GEORGE FRILLGOS
8 JP LI
9 DANIEL HALL
10 GREG KOTTEAKOS
11 MICHAEL LITTLE
12 TONY MURRAY
13 CHAD PEARSON
14 PETER WHITE
15 JEREMY VILIANI

Res 1

Looks like this tournament is really suffering at the hands of the sports series, which is going gangbusters.

I know it's never easy to find a weekend to schedule an event, but looking at the list for the sports series I would suggest the decision to run this event on the same weekend has cost a LOT of entries.

Hi,
The tournament is still going ahead it will be a great event so come on everyone put your name down entries will be taken until the first squad starts on Saturday
Thanks
Super Strike Management.

An updated prize list based on 30 and 25 entries would be appreciated, this might give you some more entries if it's posted. A possible loss of entries will happen if bowlers don't know what they are playing for.

Thanks
Christian

Time has run out for me. No information about the prize funds or an updated list of entries, therefore I won't be able to commit financially when requested information is not posted in time.

Christian

Please remove me from the list. It has been over a week since any update has been provided for this tournament and with only 4 days to go that is way too long.

There has been no update on tournament entries, prize fund or even whether the format would be changed due to the lower number of entries.

I was looking forward to this tournament but I just don't see how the tournament can run in its current format with only 20 entries.

to all those bowler still thinking about bowling newcastle cup l say you should bowl because we need all the support we can get so we can keep this tournament running for year's to come and yesterday l was at mayfield bowl and l had a look at the list of who was bowling newcastle cup and there had been a few more name add to A & B squad.come on the more bowl we can get to bowl the better this tournment will be

to all those bowler still thinking about bowling newcastle cup l say you should bowl because we need all the support we can get so we can keep this tournament running for year's to come and yesterday l was at mayfield bowl and l had a look at the list of who was bowling newcastle cup and there had been a few more name add to A & B squad.come on the more bowl we can get to bowl the better this tournment will be

Chad,

With all due respect, those comments should be coming from the tournament organisers or the centre. There have been no updates on here from them for over a week now. I phoned the centre yesterday myself and was told total number of entries was about 20, so unless there was a flood of names after I phoned in the afternoon then I can't see that there would be too many more than that.

I would love to support the tournament but with the top 14 playing on Sunday and only 20 entries, there is the real prospect of bowling over both days and still leaving with nothing at the end of it. If you make it to the Sunday there should at least be something on offer for the top 14, and that simply cannot possibly be the case with only 20 entries.

This tournament would have received a lot more support if it wasn't for the sports series which clashes with the Sunday. As I said in a previous post, I understand it is difficult to schedule an event, but to run this one on the same weekend as the sports series which is really exploding in popularity was a mistake.

Please remove me from the list. It has been over a week since any update has been provided for this tournament and with only 4 days to go that is way too long.

There has been no update on tournament entries, prize fund or even whether the format would be changed due to the lower number of entries.

I was looking forward to this tournament but I just don't see how the tournament can run in its current format with only 20 entries.

Whilst this is a medium to advertise tournaments etc, we as bowlers shouldnt always rely on tournament organisers posting information here. This is just one way for them to advertise the tournament.

What is wrong with contacting the bowl to confirm numbers, prize funds etc if you have a concern, sometimes its all to easy to "not be bothered" and use something like the above as an excuse.

Sorry but I just find something like this as pretty ordinary excuse to not bowl, when anyone can make a simple phone call. Please forgive me if you and Christian have both done so since.

I think at last count the bowl had 32-33 entries, certainly not the greatest, but the tournament was going ahead as planned, but not sure on anything else ie prize fund etc etc. Not too worried about it as I will be bowling still and supporting this tournament.

The lanes conditions are turning out ok, there seems to be a shot for just about everyone so why not change your minds, give the bowl a call to check things out and re enter the tournament.

Thanks
Michael

Gday, you must have been posting at the same time, am glad you contacted the bowl, but I was positive they said they had more entries, so not sure what is happening there.

If only 20ish is true, then the tournament is in trouble and in reality shouldnt go ahead.

Cheers
Mick

Michael,

I called the centre yesterday and was told that there were approx. 20 entries, which is in conflict with your saying there are 32-33- , hence the need for an updated list and prize fund based on the number of entries received.

and my response also crossed paths with yours..

Yes there is a big difference between 20 and 32. I bowled in the Newcastle Cup a couple of years ago when there were only 35, and had a great time. 20 though, is just not enough.

yes l would like to see more bowler but l think mayfield bowl should do something about the prize fund based on 20 bowler and see what they come up with and see if they get any more bowlers oh well l am still bowling newcastle cup it should be a great weekend

I think people should make total the "be all to end all" when it comes to tournament infomations, the Newcastle cup is still going ahead despite the low numbers, but we have to start somewhere, and we want bowlers to help and support tournament all over the country, not go on like porkchops as we have, if you ring for infomation about event at and Centre, you should be asking the organisers not just the person who answer the phone, as 90% they have no idea on whats going on.

The tournament Organizers are doing there best, with this tournament and also organising Junior Nationals (300+ juniors + parents) and also a couple of personnal functions at the same, so they have a hell of lot on there plate, so i think some consideration should be considered at this time.

As for the prize as the numbers aren't great there other channels being explorer, to get the best possible prize fund available, and if you say "why dont they post something like that", then you will get post after post going, "whats prize fund like know", "have you had any luck with prize fund", i don't know about that would **** me off no end.

I know and in the same boat, it is hard justify, cost over return but we always base our decision to bowl what we might get not what we actually get.

At least if you run the tournament you have you dates roughly,at the same time every year, Orange bmw is a perfect example always on weekend near anzac day and it has been going for 10+ years and becomes an annual event everyone goes to.

So i think we should wait and see what they give us, and then comment on it.

as we should be bowling for love of the game and the people who play, not just for the money.

Good lord I can't believe how many divas are going around calling themselves bowlers these days. What ever happened to bowling because you love the game? This is the reason why a lot of tournaments have or will be cancelled or disappear altogether. There are no guarantees in life but some of you believe that if you bowl you should have some sort of guarantee that you will have a monetary reward otherwise you won't bowl, unless your professional this won't happen. Bowl, enjoy the sport, meet and have FUN with those you know and get on with life.

Back
Top Bottom