New South Wales Sports Series Results Event 1 - Tuggeranong

Leggi_23

Thank You to the Kindness of the following Individuals and Compines who have donnatited sponcership this morning and last night so that the bowlers would not miss out on anything in their prizefund.......

John and Cheryl Cowland
Absolute Bowling Supplies
Andrew & Angie from A & A Finance & Leasing

Thank you for the support of the NSW Sports Series

Results from Block 1

Gee Henry, they are not bowling that quick

Attachments

• 2009 NSWSS Scoresheet - AMF Tuggeranong - Event 1 - old.xls
    349.5 KB · Views: 63
Results from Block 2

Will do Henry, but some how i don't think it will work, same goes for Russell and John

Attachments

357 KB · Views: 28
Results from Block 3

Henry, John asked me to find out weather you want to bowl the next one..... as he will pay deposit for you today.

It seams to be hot on the lanes......

Attachments

357.5 KB · Views: 32
Results from Block 4

Attachments

358 KB · Views: 34
Final Results for Event 1 of the 2009 Storm NSW Sports Series

Congrats to Jason Doust for winning the event

Thank you to John Cowland and AMF Tuggeranong for holding this event and also a big thanks to the following sponsers for this event:

Storm Australia
John and Cheryl Cowland
Absolute Bowling Supplies
Andrew & Angie from A & A Finance & Leasing

Attachments

358 KB · Views: 144
wow very hard conditions looking at the scores, tell alan he needs to put his thumb out of his butt as tamika beat him lol

I had an absolute ball. :). It was great chatting to and bowling with different bowlers... Thanks to John for organising it.. Congrats to Jason for winning.

Some nice scores there guys! Well done to the winners of Series 1...catch you at the next one.

Great to see the NSW Sport Series is off and running for another strong year in 2009,

Top stuff.

I would just like to thank all the sponsors from the Sports Series at Tuggeranong yesterday, especially Andrew from Absolute Bowling Supplies. The new ball is greatly appreciated. Also thanks to John and Cheryl for all their hard work in organising these events. Your work is appreciated by all. Also congratulations Jason on winning.

Janet

Great to have so many at the event in canberra with 45 taking part. Fantastic finish with Terry just being pipped in the last game and the result between Jason & Chris going to the last frame. I think Jason got a turkey in the 9th & 10th and Chris needed to strike/spare in the 10th but got a spare/strike.

The ladies also performed really well on a tough reading condition.

Thanks to all the bowlers, Storm, A&A Finance ( The Campbells) and especially Tonx at Absolute Bowling Supplies for your support.

Thanks also to Jess at AMF.

Stephen, Cheryl & John

First, thanks to everyone who organised and played and to those who have said their kind words on this thread. It was a real thrill to win this event, especially after the great start I had (as noted by Tonx). 308/2 doesn't fill you with great expectations about the day. Commiserations to Chris whose stone 10 in the 10th frame cost him the win.

John and I had discussed the idea of the winner sharing what they saw on the lanes with the aim of helping other players learn how to play these demanding patterns, so here goes.

These are my observations. If you saw something different, please add it to the thread. It'd be interesting to learn from each other's experience.

Broadway is a medium length pattern (37ft) and has a ratio of 4:1. This is actually a little easier than a true sport pattern (3:1 or less) but when laid on the 10 year old Brunswick Anvilane surface at Tuggeranong, the surface characteristics change the pattern. As any Tuggeranong league bowler could tell you, carrydown was always going to be an issue. Tuggeranong didn't let us down with the breakpoint streaking quite heavily by about the 8th frame of game 1 and not settling down for at least another game. The transition period was pretty nasty as attested by five washouts in a row for me. (With 5 moves and two ball changes.) All of a sudden, shiny bowling balls were a no-no!

I tried some strong balls from outside and couldn't trust anything to recover consistently. If I had something with a more agressive surface, this may have been an option. So for me, the pattern then played in for the rest of the day with a Dimension (OOB surface and shine from usage.) I focused on keeping the rev rate lower and my hand behind the ball to limit the change of direction at the breakpoint while keeping my speed easy. When a lane would start to hook early, I found my best move was to stay in the same place and throw the ball a little harder. Moving left proved to get the ball too far right downlane and outside the track.

From that point on, it was as simple (and as difficult) as just making the best shot I could. One thing I note is that I spared extremely well from game 3 onward. And spares make money at Sport Events.

I hope this has been helpful.

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom