New South Wales Sports Series Results Event 6 - Gosford City Bowl

Leggi_23

Good Morning Everybody

We are under way at Event 6 for the New South Wales Sports Series.

We have 44 starters in today’s event and I would like to thank the following people for there support for the event....

Bowlers Edge - Sports Person Award
Inter Bowl - Gosford City Bowl for there $100 donation for the 2 highest Non Cashing Females

The Staff at Gosford City Bowl for there help
and Lyn Chown for her support for the day.

Results will be posted after each block of 2 games.

:)

Results After Block 1..........

Attachments

• Results - Event 6 - Gosford City Bowl.xls
    974 KB · Views: 29
Results After Block 2..........

Attachments

969 KB · Views: 24
Results After Block 3..........

NB** Having trouble with the Wireless today ........

Attachments

970 KB · Views: 14
Results After Block 4..........

NB** Having trouble with the Wireless today ........

Attachments

969.5 KB · Views: 25
Results For Event 6

Congrats To Shaun Cummings for winning this event.

Thank you to the Staff at Gosford City Bowl for Hosting this event and for their Donation for the Non Cashing Womens Prizes. Also to the Cafe Staff a thanks for taking care of the bowlers today.

Thank you to Lyn Chown for all of her help with lane running today.

Keep your eyes out for posts from John regarding the next event.

Thanks for today and see you at the next one

Leigh and Alan:)

Attachments

970 KB · Views: 114
WOW! That looked like Tenpin hell! What on earth was layed out there!!!
Did anyone try bowling straight?

What did others try to do when they struggled? Please explain.

It was a first for me today bowling 370 block and racing up a leader board, a very strange concept. Bowling 160s being good enough i have to try and absorb this. Very different day.

Neil

WOW! That looked like Tenpin hell! What on earth was layed out there!!!
Did anyone try bowling straight?

What did others try to do when they struggled? Please explain.

Well, y'know how I said "The pattern is tougher than than the U.S. Open in the middle, so for God's sake, don't stand 20 and bowl 10. You'll just have an awful day and turn the pattern into a freak show for the rest of us. Sorry to be so blunt, but Macarthur played so badly on the short, because everyone played the wrong part of the lane, pushed the high volume to the right and turned the breakpoint zone into something like a railway switching yard. If we all want to improve and therefore have more fun, I feel that it's only fair to get this information out there. Let's play smarter together."

Guess what everyone did... :( And the edge didn't play very well, so going around the mess wasn't an option. :confused:

There were:
12 Games under 100 (That's got to be some sort of record.)
26 Games 200 or greater
6 Games 225 or greater
1 Games 250 or greater

It was dead nasty. Nobody's fault, it just was what it was.

Well bowled Shaun and Lexi. (Good to see the girls run 1-2.) ;) It was a gritty effort from everyone there, but especially you two.

To answer your question Richard; I tried bowling almost every way I knew, including as straight as 25 feet of backend would let me with urethane ball and still didn't average 175. I was going to take my shoes off after 6 games out of frustration, until Shaun reminded me of the points situation and gave me the verbal kick in the pants I needed. (I hate it when he's right!)

So I guess his win is good karma. Thanks mate.

Thanks Jason, good to see that the pattern was even tough for you. And you know how they're meant to be played. Considering the house surface and the way bowlers pushed oil around, I guess those scores are very understandable.

You're welcome Richard. They just didn't play the way they were supposed to. And that's not unusual, especially with short patterns. A couple of locals had practiced on the pattern by way of testing it and said that the edge had played well then, especially after a couple of games. I can only suspect today's very humid weather caused problems with the lane wash not being as dry. (It was sodden outside and quite sticky in the bowl.) That's purely a guess, though. I'm not a tech and would barely qualify to pass tools to Dave Brooker and the gents at Gosford who certainly appear to take pride in their centre.

Another bizarre stat - 5 people had high games more than 100 pins greater than their low games (myself included at 134 difference with 122-256). And four of those 5 were in the top 7.

It was pretty random out there... I think all this Excel analysis is indicative of my subconscious mind tying to make sense of it all. Must be time for bed... :)

I saw the scores, hence my reaction. I understand from comments from other bowlers (not just in this forum) that alot of bowlers didnt play the lanes right. Some took your advice (obvious who did ;) ) and others gave up and tried their own way (as I would if I couldnt figure it out).

I hope theres one coming up that I can participate in. I havent had a chance to bowl since Tuggeranong.

See how we go :)

Thanks to Alan and Leigh for running this event for the bowlers it was much appreciated. Thanks also to Lyn for her help as usual. The pattern was tough - we would not expect anythingelse! Well done to bowl techs for laying the pattern and the house shot not coming through.
I will organise another event in December if I can if enough bowlers indicate that they want one. I will put up s separate post.

John (& Stephen)

Back
Top Bottom