New bowling centre in Doncaster?

alexnjudy

TotalBowler
Hiya people,
I was told there's going to be a new bowling centre opening at Westfield Doncaster.
Anyone know if this is true?
Cheers,
Alex :)

Doesn't mean a lot until somebody takes up the lease. You will find in nearly all future developments a Cinema complex and a entertainment precinct. Doesn't mean it will ever open. But going on how successfully Chadstone has been i wouldn't be surprised if AMF went for it.

Phil

Doncaster has been on the rumour mill for the last few years... along with a few others such as one in Clayton area, a replacement for moorolbark, one near the Airport, a keysborough area, and a few others.
Only those on the inside of the groups building the bowls know which ones are real and which ones aren't. The rest of the world just has to wait to find out.

If you read it closely it says;
"This article or section contains information about expected future buildings or structures.
Some or all of this information may be speculative, and the content may change as building construction begins."
i think that even westfield will say the same thing.
But years ago i remember hearing of an injunction against someone building at Doncaster by another group, don't remember who though...

Doncaster has been on the rumour mill for the last few years... along with a few others such as one in Clayton area, a replacement for moorolbark, one near the Airport, a keysborough area, and a few others.
Only those on the inside of the groups building the bowls know which ones are real and which ones aren't. The rest of the world just has to wait to find out.

Phluff has hit the nail on the head. I heard that rumour a few years ago and the one in clayton aswell so who knows wher the next one will be. You will just have to wait and see.

Just like Broadmeadows was supposed to get a new AMF centre as well and that still hasn't eventuated.......and then there's the rumours of Sunshine moving for donkeys years now and it is still in the same spot.....I am of the belief that I won't believe the rumours until I physically see the outcome.....

Any new centre is good for the "promotion" of our sport. With new centres, they tend to bring in new bowlers, new equipment and nice new lanes and few scratches on your new bowling balls :p It will also be good for league bowlers since EFL and Box Hill is gone. Nothing like abit of competition among centres to provide great service if they want more bowlers.That rumour also said, it will be a privately owned bowling alley but I don't know how true it is.
It's also in Doncaster.That's like next door to us. I will check it out with Westfield Management and let you bowlers know. Thanks guys.
Alex

I have heard the Doncaster rumor for the last 6 years.
It will be interesting to see if it ever eventuates.

No point one opening there if its not a economically sustainable option.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Gee, a bowl in Doncaster. If I win lotto I'd build a bowl in Kinglake. I already have the land but how many people would leave their comfort zone to bowl somewhere new?

Just another rumor until I see it with my own eyes & people bowling.

Gee, a bowl in Doncaster. If I win lotto I'd build a bowl in Kinglake. I already have the land but how many people would leave their comfort zone to bowl somewhere new?
Just another rumor until I see it with my own eyes & people bowling.
If i win the lotto Jeff (only the big one) this won't be a rumour anymore. I might even charge $3 a game for the league bowlers :D
Seriously, they have already started the new extention work and it runs all the way to Doncaster Road.
Alex

Just think. The Kinglake bowl could be one of a kind with Kangaroos for pins & Wombats for balls. Just kiddin'

Back
Top Bottom