New AMF centre at Clayton.

alexnjudy

TotalBowler
New AMF centre in Clayton.

Anyone got any information/details about this new AMF centre?
I was told it's at corner of Blackburn Rd and Princess Highway, Clayton.
Thanks,
Alex

should be interesting to see what's been torn down since its a "t" intersection and has existing shop on both sides for memory

I've heard rumours that they are going to try to push us league bowlers at Chaddy over to that centre as they want Chaddy to be strictly a social bowler scene.

Someone please correct me if they have heard something to the contrary!

where exactly is this centre going? Are you sure its Princes Highway and Blackburn Road? I'm with Rowds I'm pretty sure thats all built up now

if its opposite the monash pub... is further down towards junction and not really on blackburn and princes highway cnr.

if its opposite monash pub its further down towards junction coming out of town and not really near blackburn road and princes highway

I've heard rumours that they are going to try to push us league bowlers at Chaddy over to that centre as they want Chaddy to be strictly a social bowler scene.

Someone please correct me if they have heard something to the contrary!

If that is the case Terry, then it's a good idea. Make the parking situation in December much easier...

Liz

I work around the corner from there & there is nothing started that I can see.

There is some clearing being done on the corner of Princes Highway & Westall Road Extension that it could go.

If I see anything I will let you know.

Jenny ;)

Former Telstra building in that area. Machines going in from mid Feb and opening around Easter.

As for Chaddy going purely social, I haven't heard anything like that.
What would the Philo's do??

Sumo

Philo's would probably move to Clayton or Forest Hill if that was the case. I don't see chaddy becoming a purely social centre. I heard laser force is going to be pretty big as well at AMF Clayton.

Former Telstra building in that area. Machines going in from mid Feb and opening around Easter.

As for Chaddy going purely social, I haven't heard anything like that.
What would the Philo's do??

Sumo

If Sumo is correct then it will be right opposite Monash University on Blackburn Road just south of Duerdin Street. Telstra was originally going to build an office tower on the site but abandoned the plans when they didn't get the National High Speed Broadband tender contract.

I was wondering why they went away from a shopping centre but with the University accross the road it makes perfect sense. There is a huge international student population that attend Monash (know as I used to work for Taylors College who run the MUFY (Monash Foundation Year) program. They would certainly get a lot of throughput and possibly be able to get the university student union to add tenpin bowling to the organised sporting competitions as I knew some former students who were youth bowlers back in their home country.

I would hope they would monitor the parking situation otherwise uni students would certainly attempt to take advantage of that. Otherwise I see it as a positive step for bowling and AMF.

Have not been there for a while, but the site for just vacant land. It is meant to be developed by Harvey Noraman as a homemaker centre and include the bowl.

From memory it was closer to Westall Rd, but it was so long ago when I did some research on the site for a previous regional Manager.

Back
Top Bottom