Motiv Motiv Cruel C51

Rowey the li'l lefty

Your daily dose of random
Hey all! I thought I would give a ball review a go after a long time between drinks in this thread (I think my last was on an Atomic Charge? Loved that gem of a ball!).

I purchased the Motiv Curel C51 pretty early last year from Mr. Doust. I am not much on tech specs all, but I drilled mine to be an option for when I really needed something to pick up early in the midlane and still have an aggressive move on the back. When I first threw this ball...my jaw dropped. The pair I was on had had a few schoolkids and what not bowling on it from school sport, and all the ball wanted to do was turn.

I played some of the craziest angles I have EVER thrown with a bowling ball and the reaction I got rivalled that of the Virtual Gravity (the difference being the VG I throw having a pin down below my ring finger and the Cruel having the pin above the bridge and in the centre of the grip). I kept moving further and further right with absolute ease and tried getting the ball as far left as I possibly could as early as I could. No matter where I threw the ball, I rarely missed getting the recovery to the pocket. It was truly insane.

Having then gone to another pair and with the out-of-box shiny surface, the ball didn't quite have the same reaction, yet still picked up like magic through the midlane and wanted to turn at the back. I touched the surface with 1000 abralon...and shortly found out there was no more turning issues. No matter how many times I throw this ball, if I just touch it with the occasional 1000 abralon pad it will never cease to turn and help me open up the lanes. I have now saince had experience on everything from decade old wooden surfaces to brand new synthetics with all sorts of lengths and variations in patterns and the one thing I cannot seem to get over is this ball's versatility. I am not a big fan of it polished, but regardless of how dull the surface is if you dull it up a bit the ball really and ironically as you will see with my next cliche word...'shines'. The ball is also able to be used for any type of angle. A slight tweak with hand position and roll lets you play straighter or move in and curl it. The ball shines best with lots of speed and revs and will probably work best for the medium-high speed power players and tweeners.

Since getting this gem drilled, I've had my high series for 3 and 4 games at State (843 for 3 with 289, 266, 288 and 1079 with a 236 to finish), as well as another 800 (222, 289, 289), and a 300. My best advice? If you can and when you can get your hands on one of these!

Rowey

Back
Top Bottom