Ebonite COMPLETE NV!!!

cruzer

Hey guys, got one of these new bad boys drilled up the other night and wow i am impressed!! info below:

Coverstock: Traxion Reactive 0.45
RG: 2.50

Differential: .051

Drilling: 2" pin. Pin placed 1/2" above ring finger and kickout 1/2" to the right. CG 2" directly below and MB in line with top of thumb hole and CG.

Surface Preparation: Box finish (4000 abralon, factory finish)

What I Was Looking For in this Ball and Layout:

After bowling a couple tournaments, I noticed that I lacked an aggressive ball that could turn if I needed it to in the oil. So I really wanted this ball for heavy oil and long patterns. What I didnt want was a ball that was going to flare like hell and over react. I needed a ball to get start reading the midlane and have a strong but smooth backend motion.

What I Ended Up With in this Ball and Layout:

With the Pin where it was, I thought this ball would be pretty aggressive down the backend. I played with this ball for the first time on medium oil. With the box finish, the ball was EXTREMELY smooth!!! I mean wow it just rolled really really nicely. Unfortunately, it compared with a couple of balls I had, but not to worry I started playing around with the balls surface prep. I sanded the ball to 2000 abralon, and I found what I was looking for. This changed the balls reaction a huge amount, and I was able to get inside and bring the ball back. It read early, which is what I was looking for, and the backend reaction was strong but very predictable. The flare lines are fairly closed together as well, which means it should be easy to control.

I am very excited to see the Complete NV is so sensitive to surface changes. This will allow me to have 2 maybe 3 balls in one because Ill be able to play with the surface to get it to read and roll, read and hit like a truck or calm it down with its box finish and use it on medium lanes.

Although this is only a really new ball in my bag, it already has its sights set on being my favourite!!!

Matt Kanafa

Ebonite International Staff

After seeing this great deal that the Gold Coast International was running, I had to get one! (Thanks to Lee from mpms p/l (qld) and Andrew from B&B)

WIEGHT: 15lb 04oz
PIN: 2-3 Inch
TOP WIEGHT: 3 ¼ oz
RG: 2.50
DIFF: .51
MASS BIAS Rating: 0.022
COVER STOCK: Traxion Reactive 0.45
CORE: Spike Symmetric Mass Bias Version 1B

1203330961.jpg

I was really lacking a control ball and didn’t know if this ball would be controllable at all...

WOW, was all I could say when I threw it for the first time. Very Smooth, very controllable and yet aggressive at the same time in the box condition.

Even in the box condition, this ball will still give a good read of the pattern and a smooth backend, not uncontrollable at all, like I thought the ball would be.

I have not tried this ball on anything more then medium oil THS, which will suit lower rev rate bowlers or higher ball speeds

In the short time I have had the ball. I haven’t compared it to my current balls. But can easily say this ball with give a different look!

Also I have not changed the surface on the complete NV as yet, but watching Ebonite international Staffer Matt Kanafa roll the ball at 2000 Abralon, I will be very keen to change the surface of this ball while I am up at the Gold Coast international this weekend.

All in all, Very happy with ball with only 16 games on it!

Thanks for Reading

Ashley Warren

got mine drilled up on the weekend and so far the best game is i shot out of the box was 205 which was just awsome this ball when in the right pocket hits so hard its unbelivable what a great ball put out by ebonite

I totally agree taker

this ball has amazing backend reaction and if it hits the right pocket in the right spot the explosion is umbelivable. even on a slower release the ball still hits pocket hard and kills the pins, Good job ebonite keep it coming, and thanks tonx for drilling me a good ball :)

im an average bowler starting to get mor consistant but i can see a huge difference in my game just from basic tips from CERTAIN MEMBERS on total bowling who have helped me out for the past year and a half. you both know who u are :)(Tonx And Dillan) you guys are a good assest to bowling and good to bowl with

My little review of the Complete NV

Ebonite Complete NV
Brought this ball at the ebonite international event, held down at the Gold Coast, looking for a ball above my Total NV but below my black widow, I really liked my total NV, so when I seen the complete NV for $200, I was like bargain. I recently just tired this ball sanded and seems I have thrown it sanded and polished, thought I might give you my review of this ball
Quick Bowler Stats:
Rev Rate: High
Ball Speed: 27-30 Km/h

Layout

P030808_1951.jpg

Ball at Out of Box Finish:
I was surprised at how much this ball could handle the oil at the factory finish, Ball worked well on long patterns and where there is a lot of head oil, it just skids and picks up traction and just smashes the pins, also shocked at how much this ball revs up midlane, surprisely with all this power in the ball, it’s very very controllable, doesn’t mind hand adjustments.

Sanded at 1000 Grit
Felt like I needed a change in arsenal and create a weaker arsenal, my black widow was coming too snappy for my liking, Watched the DVD that ebonite made about this ball and the surface adjustments etc, sanded the Complete NV down to 1000 grit to see what I got, and what I got was a new different ball all together, Ball become couple more inch’s earlier in reaction, as I expected but a lot more smooth on the backend. The Complete still picks up in the midlane quite well, and the same hitting power.

Final Comments
For a High end ball to be very controllable at a polished finished, but still picks up midlane and delivery a powerful blow at the pins. Very understandable why this ball is one of my favourite

Thank you for reading:)

Back
Top Bottom