Micro Fiber Towels what are your thoughts!

Jase

Admin
Staff member
I have a Micro Fiber Towel and have done for about a year now… I am yet to use it as I am a little set in my ways…I still use the normal conventional towel…Are they better than the normal conventional towels, and are there any advantages using a Micro Fiber Towel … How do you wash them… What are your thoughts and any suggestions?

Hay Jase I would stick with what u know I had a micro fiber towel and didnt like it at all. It didnt wipe the oil off the ball and left my hand greasy after wipeing my hands with it. Every time i washed it the worse it got. What I say is if it aint brike dont fix it. hope it helps a little bit but I am sure that somone else will have a differant opinon but thats my experience with them.

Hi Jase

Lacky and I have been using microfibre towels for about 2 years and we love them!! They always wipe the ball clean and have found they have never left any residue on our hands. Ours are particularly large towels so we have plenty of places to use them on the balls. I guess you may need to shop around to find the best microfibre towel for you.

Washing them....we just throw them in the washing machine with the other bowling towels and they always come up a treat!! They work even better when they are clean.

Every proshop has different microfibre towels...shop around and find one that is suitable for you. If you don't like them, go back to your favourite towel (you never know until you try them).

Kyles

I only use the standard towels that are fairly common, the thicker type not the paper thin ones that get given away free - they are completely useless.

I have never used the "micro-fibre" ones, but have no need to.

On a separate note.. there is only one ball I could never use - the Storm Trifecta. No towel would get the oil off that ball, I could not hang onto it, could not get oil off it, ever. Just one of those weird facts hey. Storm particles perhaps..

Anyway, maybe just give the towel a go and see how it goes Jase.

I too have used microfibre, though, I am not particular either way (cloth or microfibre) and not particular about the type of towel (size/where purchased) either. I have in fact not used "specific" microfibre 'towels', but, used the microfibre cloths sold at your favouite supermarket that are supposed to be used for the dishes. When they get old they are only $3 so I throw it out and get a new one. They work a treat and having 'lost' several of them I can see that other people have liked them also! ;-)

Hi Jase,
I`ve recently started using one after bringing them back from USA,
I find them brilliant, and just throw them in the washing machine with warm
soapy water, and they are just like new again. I must admit to being scepical
at first, you know what us old farts are like - stuck in our ways - but I`m
convinced they are a good thing. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Animal

I have in fact not used "specific" microfibre 'towels', but, used the microfibre cloths sold at your favouite supermarket that are supposed to be used for the dishes...
I've used both and both are good. Don't throw out your cheapies though. Chuck 'em in the wash and they come up great. Note: Don't use fabric softeners with them as this will clog up the micro pores according to one site I just looked at. It's better for the environment to re-use them too, as microfibre is a petrochemical material like nylon an lord knows what it breaks down into in landfill. They should last for years if cared for. After all, it's much the same fabric as your faster sliding soles (for those of us with adjustable shoes).

I should add that I like the feel of a freshly washed cotton towel. I also like how the ball will still spin in it. Not as fast as a non reactive, but it will still go around for a fast clean.

Back
Top Bottom