Manila

Ray Krueger

Ray Krueger
I would like to thank all bowlers and supporters for the comradeship shown in Manila.
I would also like to thank Robin, Lorraine and Mike for their efforts behind the scene.
Ray

Well said Ray. Jeff and I agree wholeheartedly. We especially appreciated the work put in by Mike and Robin prior to the trip.

A huge vote of thanks to Mike, Robin and Lorraine especially for all their hard work before and during the event and to all the supporters during the event. Most of all thanks to everyone on the team for their unqualified support during the event.

Chucky.

Thanks to all involved with the organising of this event, Mike, Lorraine and Robin and also to the PSB over there as it ran very smoothly.

As a newbie to this stage, I would like to sincerely thank all the Team and supporters for their support. Thanks also to Brenton and Frank who helped so much in our Team which made it a very enjoyable Team experience.

Cheers,

Andrew C

A huge thank you to Mike, Lorraine and Robin for another successfully organised trip for the Australian contingent.

Also a Big Thank You to the Bowlers - it was a pleasure to be watching all of you have a successful (medals or not) time on the lanes - even more so when we had the National Anthem played at the Medal Presentations -and yes We all knew the words and sang them loudly (even if a bit off key :rolleyes: )

To Angy and her crew - Well done on our dinner gig... - you put in a lot of work and it went over well (especially the jeepney) with the other countries .... could be hard to top in future years :D

As a supporter I had a great time relaxing, shopping and watching a great event with some special people. ;)

BRING ON 2011 - Hope to be there

Carol

Wish to congratulate the management and bowlers for their great result in Manila. It has been fantastic to see and read your efforts and commaraderie - a wonderful example for all bowlers.

Leanne Triulcio

Manila was a great experience, the Phillippinos are lovely people and we were all treated with such respect and friendship - at the wonderful hotel, at the bowling alley, on the bus and in the shopping centres.

If you left your wallet in a Sydney taxi I doubt very much you would see it ever again; not so in Manila - a taxi driver went well beyond the call of duty to find the owner of the purse accidentally left in his cab by one of our team members. He went to a local radio station and had an announcement made - which reached one of the tournament organisers How good was that!

I felt so proud to be an "adopted" Australian, the team spirit was great and the supporters were just wonderful.

Many thanks to Lorraine for being our manager - a fantastic job well done. Also to Mike Seymour and Robyn Flynn for great planning and organisation.

To my kiwi friends - you were a bit cheeky singing an Australian song at the dinner - speshuly when we refrained from making remarks about sheep for 10 whole days!! Ok, it was funny (after a couple of beers).

I am looking forward to working with the organisers of this event in Australia in 2 years time - wherever it may be held, and I encourage anyone with "connections" to help us find the sponsorship we are going to need to make the event as memorable as this one. I work close by the man who led the team which was successful in getting the Olympics into Sydney - he might have some useful tips on finding sponsors.

Warm Christmas wishes to all in the team - have a good break and see you at a seniors tourny some time next year.

Josie Adams

Hi all,

I am sitting here on the beach having just downed another San Miguel. Weather barmy water lovely and clear and warm. The dive this morning was to a lovely wreck.
Just a quick note as the beer is getting warm to say thanks to Mike and Lorraine for all of the work they put in to get us all here, yes Karen,Jake and I are still in the Phillipines.

Another thanks must go to all of the supporters and other bowlers who stayed behind and cheered when they were not on the lanes, you could hear the "aussie chant" all of the time.
A special thanks to the 2 guys that stood behind me for 2 days when they could have been off doing something else, you know who you are no names needed!
And to my fellow team mates, a great effort when we needed to pull one out.
Looking forward to the next time, hopefully at home if we can all pull together, see you all at Caboolture and have a safe xmas and new year.

Bob, Karen and Jake

Now that I have caught up on some much needed sleep, I would also like to thank the organisers, team members and support crew for a very enjoyable and special 11 days in Manila.

The team spirit and support from everyone was unbelievable and the end result was a bag full of medals.

Back
Top Bottom