Mackie, Velo and Jang

jimcross

I see Steve Mackie is bowling at the Nationals. Now all we need is Eric Jang and Joe Velo to appear. I'm sure they could still cut it.

G'Day,

I have been trying to get dad on the lanes this last few weeks. He keeps trying to tell me he is too old. I have to say he is one of the bloody fittest 79year olds I have seen. Never stops working, only retired three years ago from work because he need another heart op.

But I will keep working on him.

The lovely wife and I are trying to get a web site up and running to show off dad's scrap books before they are too old to open. Hopefully by Christmas it will be sorted. Keep an eye out in a few months for www.joevelo.com

There are great articles on Steve and Eric in there too. A number of photos of the three of them on the podium of tournaments.

John Velo.

Mate if you can get Joe down to the bowl to see Steve, Eric, Batson and Lovey..... I am sure it will be worth the trip, bowling or no bowling....it will be a legendary catch up

Joe Velo is a true legend of bowling, it would be great to see him. John tell him he is greatly missed and I hope he and his lovely wife are well.

G'day all
Would be great to see you back on the lanes Joe. Can still remember the game that you bowled alongside Terry Wenban at Illawarra when you both went 300 together.
Cheers
Mick

Back
Top Bottom