League rule query

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
A bowler bowls the first 5 frames and then has to pull out through injury. The percentage of the blind score is then correctly applied.
Question is, can that bowler win the head to head point?

Logically ( I have'nt looked at rules), if the league rules allowed a blind score to win the head to head, then the answer would be yes. If they did'nt then the answer would be no.

Nothing I could find in the TBA rulebook specifically covering blind scores winning head to head points, so I would suggests Jim's analysis is correct. However, in the (unlikely) circumstance that the bowler already had the point won with the five frames he completed he should get the point.

Thanks guys. Not quite sure where to go with this. It happened in one of our daytime leagues and we cant very well ask the league committee to decide as the person concerned is on that committee.
Maybe we will suggest calling a short Captains meeting and letting them decide.

Will this bowlers single point win/loss affect the outcome of the league?

I assume though, he would not win the point as he did not complete the game.

Rob

Rob[/QUOTE

Come on, Rob, that would also logically mean that blind scores had no meaning, at least in the rules of that league. You could hardly say " if you're not here at all, you can win a point, but if you're injured and retire, and the rules allow a 'part-game' blind score, you can't."

That is completely without logic.

Rob[/QUOTE

Come on, Rob, that would also logically mean that blind scores had no meaning, at least in the rules of that league. You could hardly say " if you're not here at all, you can win a point, but if you're injured and retire, and the rules allow a 'part-game' blind score, you can't."

That is completely without logic.

Without logic........my bad, I am so sorry......I was under the assumption that blind scores only counted towards pinfall only, must be wrong.

I thought that once a player in most sports, retired from a match ie. tennis, golf, darts, snooker the game / match was then forfieted. Maybe we are the silly ones for letting scores be used when a score was not actually bowled.

Once again, I am sorry my logic differs to yours.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom