K and K

BELMO

For 3 years I have been beaten up by K and K, I just could never bowl well in this event, I have no idea why but it really frustrated me haha.
I joked about never coming back each time , but the truth of the matter was K and K was always an event I loved bowling (espicially this year haha).
I wanted to start this post and say thank you to EVERYONE who helps put this event on. It is really sad to see this event off the calender for the coming years.
So from me to you K and K staff and friends.
THANK YOU so much for the wonderful years. I wish you all the very best and we hope you maybe one day you guys change your minds and come back :)

Jason Belmonte - proud Champion of the K and K Classic

Totally agree with Belmo. It will be a crying shame to see an event that has a lot of support on the lanes and off the lanes not being held in the future. I personally have a soft spot for this event as I find it a great event to catch up with old bowling friends from QLD.
Thanks to the Spicer family and K & K Cleaning, Kirstie Mills and all the tournament committee's for 7 years of the K & K tournament.

Ashley Clark

You guys have got a year to bring it back remember, hell i wanna bowl in it again unfortunately recovering from illness stopped me this time

I also would like to thank K&K for there support. This was my first K&K and it was one of the best I have ever bowled.
In saying this a big thanks to Belmo for taking time out of his busy life to bowl this tournament. It was great to be able to see one of the worlds best without having to go overseas. THANK YOU.

I would like to congratulate both Belmo and Lexi on their wins - Belmo's was anticipated, expected and did not disappoint. Lexi showed her class in holding off some of the best women bowlers in this country and is a force to be reckoned with.

The original sponsors of this event may have 'retired' but surely this great event cannot be allowed to fade away - with all the talk about lane patterns, sport conditions, bowling balls etc. taking up most of the forum chats, perhaps the time could be taken by those who are really interested in the game to seek out some sponsorship.

There will always be those who can organize and run these tourns. but finding the $$$$ is the big issue. The support of the locals who 'love to bowl' has been proven in this event over the years and hopefully a new sponsor will come on board .... best wishes to the Spicers for their contribution and may you win one of those 'spam' lotteries !!

Flower

Well, what a great tournament that has come to a end.To the Spicer family thanks for all your support over the years, you guys will be sadly missed. Loved bowling in the K&K.
Congrats to Belmo and Lexie on their wins. After watching the finals and seeing the young talent we have out there, I think our game has a great future.
Cheers Lovey

Thanks to the Spicers and whoever else sponsored this event. 119 men in a tourny and its not going to run anymore WTF. Surely some new sponsors can be found for next year .. ... I cannot hear any fat lady singing yet..

I would like to thank Graham, Cheryl and Kim for Sponsoring the event for many years. Shame to see it end.

The amount of time and effort, not to mention the $$$$ they have put into the event is really great to see.

Best of Luck with the Kafe..... Maybe you could sponsor Tea and Coffees ;)

Cheers

Andrew, Jo & Grace

So true Belmo! Will be missed greatly. It must be something to do with the letter "K". First Koolfoam then K&K, now what!!! These were the 2 most sort after events on the calendar.
Anyway congrats Belmo, what a display on and off the lanes. My two young blokes were wrapped to get their signed Belmo jerseys and a photo. You are a mould we need more of Jason. Lexi again displayed no doubt is the best female in the country too, well done.

Grant

I would like personally thank the Spicers for their generousity and sponsorship of arguably the best event on the bowling calendar in Australia for the last 7yrs, it will be sorely missed. I have a lot of cherrished memories from this great event, let's hope one day something changes and the event appears back on the calendar.

Thank you

I would just like to thank the Spicer family aswell. I wish them all the best in the future. thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in the tournament as it was such a good experience!
thank-you again

Please come back next year K and K!!!

I bowled in the first 5 but missed last year's due to being away from the game.. for this one I just wasn't ready to come back to that level yet.

Really hope this is on the calendar next year......

Back
Top Bottom