just wondering

jessica

hey you guys!!

i just have a two little questions for you....

would you rather be bowling with a whole bunch of people behind you cheering for you, or no one behind you ?

and

how do keep your mental side of the game working for you, not against you ?

thanks in advance

Jess ~xox~

id rather have heap of people standing behind me even if their not cheering for me.

Id have to say ppl behind me too.
its always a great boost to have ppl watch you and an even bigger one when they are cheering for you.
and to keep my mental game working for me i just try to relax a heap. 8)
if any of you had seen me in our state masters you would understand. :roll:
i find it easier to relax with music on so i can just forget bowling while im waiting for my next shot.
im a crazy type of person so to relax i normally just bounce around and sing (and yes i can sing, well its not too unfortunate sounding neways) it keeps me pumped and at the same time ar ease.
stay kool peeps

The First question would generally be People behind me cheering, most of the time its a good boost to the confidence to have people behind cheering, especially when they are cheering for you. However, when practising, i like to have at a max 2 people behind me. Too many and you start getting confused with what people are telling you to do, and when you are practising they diffinatly shouldnt be cheering.

The Mental game? Personally i just remind myself that i am a human being, designed to make mistakes. No-one is perfect so why get upset when you realise that the shot you just threw wasnt perfect? and when someone advises me that i might be able to do something different, wether it be breaking the wrist all the way threw the swing for tenpins, or staying behind the ball when throwing the strike shot, i remember that there is no-way in hell i am going to do first time, or 2nd, or 3rd, maybe even the 10th time, then i might do it, but lose it again. Practise it and it will come, as long as you are practising the right thing. Hope that helps you Jess!

Just a question of my own. Would you, as a bowler in, say, a matchplay situtation, rather win with a poorly bowled 230, or lose with a much better bowled 180? eg, 230 consisted of many brookies, head pin strikes and lots of carry, but pooring sparing, and the 180 consisted of a consistant shot into the pocket, no carry, many pocket splits(7-10, 8-10, 7-9 etc) and good sparing on easy spares. Remember this question is still being directed at your mental game.

Later Da Cowman!

da_cowman said:
The First question would generally be People behind me cheering, most of the time its a good boost to the confidence to have people behind cheering, especially when they are cheering for you. However, when practising, i like to have at a max 2 people behind me. Too many and you start getting confused with what people are telling you to do, and when you are practising they diffinatly shouldnt be cheering.

The Mental game? Personally i just remind myself that i am a human being, designed to make mistakes. No-one is perfect so why get upset when you realise that the shot you just threw wasnt perfect? and when someone advises me that i might be able to do something different, wether it be breaking the wrist all the way threw the swing for tenpins, or staying behind the ball when throwing the strike shot, i remember that there is no-way in hell i am going to do first time, or 2nd, or 3rd, maybe even the 10th time, then i might do it, but lose it again. Practise it and it will come, as long as you are practising the right thing. Hope that helps you Jess!

Just a question of my own. Would you, as a bowler in, say, a matchplay situtation, rather win with a poorly bowled 230, or lose with a much better bowled 180? eg, 230 consisted of many brookies, head pin strikes and lots of carry, but pooring sparing, and the 180 consisted of a consistant shot into the pocket, no carry, many pocket splits(7-10, 8-10, 7-9 etc) and good sparing on easy spares. Remember this question is still being directed at your mental game.

Later Da Cowman!

Personally if i was in a tournament i would rather win, but in a league i would definetely try to improve upon myself! Not that i wouldnt in a tournament as well.

id much rather bowl a shit 230 than a good 180 ne day. think about it.

ur bowling matchplay, and obviously u would like to win.
if u bowl a 180 good or bad (in the end it dosent matter its still 180) ur total is 180. if u bowl a 230 good or bad ur total is 250 or 260 (depending on bonus points). the more pins u get the easier/more chance u have of winning.

as for mental. that depends on the bowler. but prolbly most people will be thinking.
f**k man i just bowled 180 left solid 9 solid 10 (the list goes on). that MAY put u down more because next game u will prolby try harder, u may bowl worse (unluck again) or u may bowl better

if u bowl 230 even if it was a shit 1 , u still think to urself, sick i just bowled 230 didnt really deserve it but it says 230 on the score borad, lets try bowl another 1 but hit the pocket more often and close those open frames and instead of bowling a 230 well end up with a 250 260 then plus the bonus it should send me up somew where around the top.

dont know bout other people but thats wot i think

i totally agree with that...a well bowled 180 would just get me frustrated, especially if other ppl could score. If i bowled a crap 230 and won it would still be 240-250 on the board and thats all that matters at the end of the day, not weather the person could hit the pocket or not.

Hey

Hey,
I totally agree with Strokes and 69, except for one minor thing. Its great to shoot a 230,. bad or good and 180 is jsut about sub par for tournament competitors. I know this. But learn upon yoru mistakes. If you shoot a s*** 230 and win, be happy you won but be sad it was a s*** game, and remember what you did wrong ans try to fix it. But if you win the tourney, and ahve a decent rhythm, even if your doing bad, dont mess with it. That is the most importlant thing, being in a rhythm. Till next time, take care all. :p :p :p

I knew people would say the 230 simply because you would still win, quite frankly i dont know what i'd rather, no-one enjoys bowling a single game under average, and we all love shooting over average, but think about this, with the 230 you got lucky, you dont where the shot really is, is that going to help you next game? I dont think so. The 180, your there, you have the shot and your throwing the ball consistant, all you need is some 'carry' and your there throwing true 230's. I dont think there is much point throwing a 230 if ur gonna back it up with a 150... Do you?

Later Da Cowman!

Hey

Cowman,
I agree with you totally but to one degree or another your wrong. There are people out there that CAN throw consisten 230's, and by far that is quite amazing, but yes. Backing up a 230 with a 150 would just be a total lack of concentration on his/her part. Total inconsistency is sumthin everyone experiences from time to time so there is no reason to get frustrated unless you throw liek a 279, then a 140, then you know what you did wrong and try to fix that up the following game. But Cowman, your right, carry is a must. Look at this:
100% BOWLING = 90% Mental + 8% Physical + 2% Luck

Cmon, you all know that. lol. Just keep aiming for your goals and never let them get outta your sight and you will get them sooner or later! Good luck all.
BTW, im here to help anyone that wants help so just IM me on MSN at [email protected] if you would like any advice. :p

i can tell you it's nasty if you whole bunch of people not cheering you and even they are state teams who are really annoyed because they are waiting for you to finish bowling (stupid masters).

if i had a whoel lot of ppl behind me ide rather bowl a 230 .. btu if i didnt i wouldnt care... i be appriactive of ppl watching me... cause some ppl dun care if ppl watch or .. its like they are ungrateful... so yeah .... ANY WHOO

GO QUEENSLAND .. lil of topic but oh well GO THE TOADS !!!!

ok yeah i know, im posting in my own thing

but for my first question, i think it depends on who is behind u n if u feel comfortable, because if i had a large amount of ppl behind me for d other person, athough it mite make me determined to win, it may also intimidte me a bit, however, if they were behind me cheering for me, i may feel pressure, even though i put it upon yself, so really, i just asked dis question to see if my answer fitted into any that ne 1 else has sed, n so far it doesn't...

Back
Top Bottom