double elimination

jessica

hey guys,
i was just wondering what you all thought about double elimination and the format, like how you get warmed up, bowl one or two rounds, sit out for another two and then the very first shot you make after you sit outfor an hour is a match shot and the fatc that you sit out foran hour increases the chance of injury as you get "warmed down" and don't have another practice time.

just wondering what you all think!

luv yas!
jess
~xox~

Double Elimination, touchy subject.

I think its a great format, It rewards the people that keep there head in the game, bowl there opponent and dont whinge about one or two pin loses.

You dont have to bowl down the house and you dont have to average 210 to win, its a fair playing field.

Just look at Fiona Smydzuk, she won the masters with a 179 average!

As for the warm up and practice part, everybody is in the same boat, you have you adjust adjust adjust! and warm up, scretch etc b4 the next round!

Bye all, see u at blacktown sunday

Jess,
I would have to ask if you are being coached ?
and is that coach a nationally accredited one ?
If the answer is yes ,part of their risk management plan with you should be injury prevention. What I mean here is how to warm up properly and cool down properly, in athletics they run heats and later in that same day semi finals etc it would be considered the same as NSW Open masters finals and at Nationals aswell.
I am happy next year at the NSW State Junior Championships to run a seminar on injury prevention providing there is more than a couple of people to fill a telephone box
icon_smile.gif

If you are to ask how much was this to cost me as a athlete my answer would be Its Free to all competitors in the NSW Championships.
If bankstown only had 32 lanes ah !
Thank you for your open comment keep it up
Regards
Greg Sawyer
NSW Junior Tenpin Bowling

Double elimination as james said is definately a touchy subject.. You especially have to be focused as a single shot may influence you to sit out for the rest of the day. The Nationals holds a double elimination format but the deference to NSW state is that it is in 3 game blocks.. I beleive this format is a fairer way to go... but you need more time to do it especially with a field of 32 bowlers...... thats why the nats masters are held over two days
later
slats

Back
Top Bottom